Show your AMAZING STORIES covers.
1 1

46 posts in this topic

48 minutes ago, jimjum12 said:

Half the Pulps on my want list are there because Dwight, Eric, and Todd showed them to me :golfclap: GOD BLESS ...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

I thought your profile pic looked familiar... :bigsmile:

On 5/25/2021 at 12:43 AM, OtherEric said:
On 5/24/2021 at 11:54 PM, jimjum12 said:

Half the Pulps on my want list are there because Dwight, Eric, and Todd showed them to me :golfclap: GOD BLESS ...

I thought your profile pic looked familiar... :bigsmile:

Heritage ought to send bottles of rare wine to each of youse for highlighting this field of collectibles like you have. GOD BLESS...

Didn't know there was an Amazing Stories thread.  I posted these in the Sci-Fi section couple hours ago.  

Amazing Stories Quarterly (Spring 1931).  Generally credited with introducing the concepts of "warp drive" and "hyperspace" to science fiction in the included novel by John W. Campbell, Jr., "Islands of Space."  Finding the references was a trip in itself.  As a Star Trek and Star Wars and just generally big sci-fi fan, all I can say is Yeah Baby!  (thumbsu

1922098831_AmazingStoriesQuarterly(Spring1931)-front.thumb.JPG.0bdd90529d0110fa4950be2959d6eeec.JPG

Amazing Stories (August, 1931 v6#5). "Tractor beam" was coined by American science fiction author E. E. Smith in 1931 in his novel Spacehounds of IPC, first serialized in this pulp!

2075365206_AmazingStories(v65August1931).thumb.JPG.7ecb7e7f0c44f3cc00964920d7a06de8.JPG

Yeah Baby squared!!   (thumbsu(thumbsu

Edited by Pantodude