• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS on Ebay: GA Detective #91, Young Love #69 Highest Census, and a Bass G.

10 posts in this topic

OK, time to buy a new bass. So, I'm selling two of my better investment grade books and one of my other basses. Just like with comics, with instruments sometimes ya' just need to trade up. I've got a great 6-string bass, a classic 4-string, and now want a high end 5-string as well. The 5-stringer I am selling is very nice, but is not top of the line like I want to buy next. BUT, in addition to that, I'm selling a nice copy of Detective #91 CGC 7.0, really sharp copy but with a dust shadow that troubled me a bit. I haven't had that book for long and it was only my 2nd GA book. Even more interesting is the highest census copy of Young Love #69 at CGC 8.5 OW/W. That book had been discussed on a few threads a while back as possibly being one of the rarest Marvel or DC books of the Silver Age. confused-smiley-013.gif Anyway, with the sale of these three, I should be buying that new 5-stringer. Check 'em out.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZsansc57803QQhtZ-1

-----Thanks, Sid

Hey G, do you own an upright?

No, I've tried them, but I've never really sat down and put any time into it. If I was ever to go that route I'd buy one of the electric ones that look like just a big tall neck with a tiny little solid body with a pickup installed. Back in the Police days I had seen Sting use one of those every once in a while in their videos.

Is there a rickenbacker in your future?

Is there a rickenbacker in your future?

Not now, but 20 years ago when I was a Rush, and particularly Geddy Lee fan, there was nothing I wanted more. But since I was young and broke, I just made do with what I had at the time which was a Fender Jazz Bass. I still have it as my only 4-stringer. Those Rickys do have a nice twangy sound but the "feel" of the instrument is a little different than most other basses.

I still have my Fender Jazz sitting next to my true love the Gibson Explorer.(I dabbled a bit in the string section.)