• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do SPIDERS give you the creeps?

91 posts in this topic

There isn't much of an aesthetic to The Spider covers. Just think of the most horrifying way to torture and kill women, insert The Spider with pistol blaring, and hope he can save a few before they're all massacred. 

I think I'll stick with Rozen's Shadow. 

On 7/12/2023 at 7:44 AM, FoggyNelson said:

June issue my favorite of the the three above👍‼️

The feeling on that one is the same for me (thumbsu

On 8/7/2023 at 10:14 AM, Pat Calhoun said:

nice Spiders, but could you please elaborate on this: 'One of the best stories one could read is in these pages' thanks and cheers

The Spider fights against the Bat-Man, who has many gadgets. Pretty funny and lurid stuff, considering the DC character came out later.

I enjoy the Spider pulps for the ludicrous weird plots and Richard Wentworth being badly hurt, sometimes blind or with broken arms and legs,but still able to save New York City.  I am a forum member with highly questionable taste.  My good friend told me the only taste I have is in my mouth, and even that’s bad.

On 8/7/2023 at 1:56 PM, BitterOldMan said:

The Spider fights against the Bat-Man, who has many gadgets. Pretty funny and lurid stuff, considering the DC character came out later.

I enjoy the Spider pulps for the ludicrous weird plots and Richard Wentworth being badly hurt, sometimes blind or with broken arms and legs,but still able to save New York City.  I am a forum member with highly questionable taste.  My good friend told me the only taste I have is in my mouth, and even that’s bad.

lol i think he is wrong on your taste Ray :bigsmile:

On 8/7/2023 at 1:14 PM, Pat Calhoun said:

nice Spiders, but could you please elaborate on this: 'One of the best stories one could read is in these pages' thanks and cheers

Batman and the King of Vampires all up against the Spider got the pocket copy to read.One of the top five stories in this run that i loved so must of this was stolen for comics in my opinion.The art on the covers is not the only thing the stirs me to seek out certain issues :smile:

Edited by comicjack