• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ENOCH BOLLES ....and other fine Pin-Up art
4 4

167 posts in this topic

On 6/19/2024 at 2:08 PM, Darwination said:

The little boy holding the lady acrobat is nuts.  I guess it makes sense with the caption, though :D

Both great mags!

It's a helium balloon otherwise that kid's arm is out of the socket and she's on the ground.

Posted (edited)

Pure Bolles.  Magnificent.  The first he did in a run of 6. I love the way the yellow plays in her hair and the extra bit of naughty going on. Smokin'

Sigh, getting over the underbidder woes.  One of these Bolles grails that comes around never so often. *I've* certainly never gotten a chance at it until tonight, and I've only seen two other issues of the Bolles run of this series at auction (but I did find some of evidence of an appearance or two on eBay of other Bolles issues at Worthpoint). Heritage has never offered a single issue, I don't own any of the Bolles issues.  I took a strong swing, though, which is more than I can say about the never seen one earlier this year.

The next one in the run isn't too shabby, either, purrrrr

FrenchFollies1931-03v03n02.FollywoodcoverEnochBollesalt.thumb.JPG.134c71419affb1419bb7ffea4f9339da.JPG

I missed a *never seen* Bolles grail (by anyone, afaik) earlier this year.  I'll be thinking about that one for a long, long, long time.

Edited by Darwination

On 6/30/2024 at 11:14 PM, Darwination said:

Pure Bolles.  Magnificent.  The first he did in a run of 6. I love the way the yellow plays in her hair and the extra bit of naughty going on. Smokin'

Sigh, getting over the underbidder woes.  One of these Bolles grails that comes around never so often. *I've* certainly never gotten a chance at it until tonight, and I've only seen two other issues of the Bolles run of this series at auction (but I did find some of evidence of an appearance or two on eBay of other Bolles issues at Worthpoint). Heritage has never offered a single issue, I don't own any of the Bolles issues.  I took a strong swing, though, which is more than I can say about the never seen one earlier this year.

The next one in the run isn't too shabby, either, purrrrr

FrenchFollies1931-03v03n02.FollywoodcoverEnochBollesalt.thumb.JPG.134c71419affb1419bb7ffea4f9339da.JPG

I missed a *never seen* Bolles grail (by anyone, afaik) earlier this year.  I'll be thinking about that one for a long, long, long time.

Oh man.........  I can see where you would want BOTH issue's for sure!  I love this March issue, I've never seen both of them.  Purrrrrrr for sureeeeeee............  Very Nice!

On 7/3/2024 at 6:24 AM, 956Ref said:

These Film Fun are... well Fun! Question does anyone know if they categorize these as Pulps or Magazines? What about if sent in for CGC grading? Thanks!

Film Fun is a Pulp related Magazine due to a lot of the cover art being done by Enoch Bolles.   CGC does grade them, and they are really fun due to the cover art being so wonderful.  The Magazine went over a lot of films for that time with cool advertising and movies coming soon to the Silver Screen.

I've been wanting an example of Enoch Bolles art for a long time, but never could pull the trigger on anything. I ran across this copy of Film Fun #590 tonight while browsing the bay, and could no longer resist! Since the book was a MyComicShop offering, I purchased it directly from their website, and saved myself some $$. 

Here's the auction pics, borrowed from online. I just hope the book looks as nice in hand as it appears in the pictures. :cloud9:

s-l1600_edit.jpg

Edited by Artifiction

On 7/14/2024 at 10:04 PM, Artifiction said:

I've been wanting an example of Enoch Bolles art for a long time, but never could pull the trigger on anything. I ran across this copy of Film Fun #590 tonight while browsing the bay, and could no longer resist! Since the book was a MyComicShop offering, I purchased it directly from their website, and saved myself some $$. 

Here's the auction pics, borrowed from online. I just hope the book looks as nice in hand as it appears in the pictures. :cloud9:

s-l1600_edit.jpg

Wow,  If you do end up sending this into CGC, please share the graded book if you can.  This looks really nice and should be worth the CGC grading.....  I love this cover too!  Nice job!