• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action 1 on Ebay

41 posts in this topic

I asked the seller a question:

"Was this book ever CGC'd? Will you guarantee a return if restoration of any kind is found?"

Response:

" yes for restoration , and never cgc just got it in off a trade."

You can clearly see the CGC well in the photo. If you are going to put a bogus Action 1 on ebay, at least make it LOOK legit. This fake is about as subtle as a train wreck.

Elvis

At this point, one might reasonably expect that Ebay would see SOME correlation between "private feedback/private bidding" auctions and all the scam auctions they are constantly forced to pull? Naw, no pattern there...... screwy.gif

At this point, one might reasonably expect that Ebay would see SOME correlation between "private feedback/private bidding" auctions and all the scam auctions they are constantly forced to pull? Naw, no pattern there...... screwy.gif

Does anyone legit even use private feedback/bidding anymore? It seems it is always for scams. screwy.gif

And as if on cue, seller "popscomicbooks" (a.k.a. mrga) is back with a new private auction!

Pop is kind of a private guy...

I assume that their auctions aren't total scams, i.e. that the books exist, but there have been consistent complaints on the boards about their poor grading.

And as if on cue, seller "popscomicbooks" (a.k.a. mrga) is back with a new private auction!

Pop is kind of a private guy...

I assume that their auctions aren't total scams, i.e. that the books exist, but there have been consistent complaints on the boards about their poor grading.

I wouldn't go near this seller with a ten foot pole. makepoint.gif

I looked up private feedback in the dictionary= SCAM!

There still are suckers out there i quess mark.

From popscomicbooks: *Regarding Private Feedback: With seven years of selling over 15,000 of our grandfather's comic books at eBay - Pleasing thousands of sincere and knowledgeable customers.

I am leery when grandfather has to be brought up to sell a book.

You know, between these scam artist and pressed and altered and resubmitted cgc books, a whole lot of the fun is being sucked out of the hobby. I sometimes feel like I'm having my pocket picked at a carnival when I read some of these insufficiently_thoughtful_persons sales pitches on ebay. It's even worse when it's large dealers. I guess I just have to remember that it's a small percentage of the people out there who are con artist.When I sell a book I always try to undergrade a bit so the buyer is pleasantly surprised and will come back and buy again and also have a good feeling about the experience. If I recieve payment before three in the afternoon I'll ship the book that same day just because I hate waiting myself. I prefer selling to collectors, people who I know will hold on to the books for a while and love them the way I do. I always wonder how many kids or G.I.'s held and read these books. How it made them feel good for a short while. Took their minds off any troubles, gave them a fantasy world to live in for a moment.My happiest moments as a kid were walking with my grandfather and him giving me a dollar to buy ten comic books every week and then going home to read them surrounded by stacks and stacks of comics. I know the psychology behind this is quite basic and simple and I apologise if I'm repeating myself but really it's the simple things that mean the most in life.