• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can an Ebay seller really be this Unaware??? or is it a scam???
5 5

442 posts in this topic

45 minutes ago, telerites said:

Screw the comics.  People are bidding on those ragged, stinky long boxes.

stinky like the auction

Seeing as how it's a scam, I would guess that some of those bids are actually coming from the seller's other eBay accounts. Others might be from people who know it's a scam and just want to troll the seller. For all we know, he hasn't received a single serious bid. lol

44 minutes ago, tvindy said:

Seeing as how it's a scam, I would guess that some of those bids are actually coming from the seller's other eBay accounts. Others might be from people who know it's a scam and just want to troll the seller. For all we know, he hasn't received a single serious bid. lol

nah I think hes getting real bids 

24 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

Action 1 is a reprint, without a

doubt....

This thread has grown too large for me to do forensics, but I thought the hulk 1 was confirmed to be a legit coverless copy...but with a replica cover?

The more I see, the more convinced I am that this auction is a complete and utter waste of time. But I fear that someone is still going to get ripped off...   

10 minutes ago, kav said:

has anyone asked him yet um why are all the grades on the slabs covered?  That move allows throws a shadow over this entire listing.  

I asked him 2 days ago for the grade on that Action #1, and a photo of it, but no response. Why would he, it's only potentially worth $3million. The guy is either super-dumb/lazy or a scammer.

3 minutes ago, The Lions Den said:

The cover of the Hulk #1 doesn't appear to be original. Please take that into consideration if you're thinking about bidding on this auction...

Oh, I have no intention of touching this... will keep my social distance!

9 minutes ago, tvindy said:

I ran across this YouTube video about a similar scam. It's a bit different in that it's not an eBay sale but rather the scammer reaching out directly to a dealer. But it involves a huge lot of boxes with the photo not matching the stated number and pictures of comics that are way too good to be true.

"I'm waiting for the other shoe to hit"
Doesnt ANYONE know the proper phrases any more??  :pullhair:
"It's a doggy-dog world!!"

1 hour ago, kav said:

"I'm waiting for the other shoe to hit"
Doesnt ANYONE know the proper phrases any more??  :pullhair:
"It's a doggy-dog world!!"

Hopefully the apple will drop close from the tree eventually.

Edited by kustomizer

3 minutes ago, kustomizer said:

Hopefully the apple will drop close from the tree eventually.

If it smells like a duck you cant make it drink.