• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can an Ebay seller really be this Unaware??? or is it a scam???
5 5

442 posts in this topic

51 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

What he didn't plan for is getting paid. Without any track record of $10K+ paypal transactions, a $10K+ payment is going to spike his account and trigger a 21 day hold on the funds. Further, with very few sales at all, a $10K+ payment may freeze the funds from the transaction until the seller confirms receipt of the merchandise and is satisfied. Most of us don't deal in $10K territory transactions, but unless you have a solid track record of them, if you're a $10 to $1000 guy, a $10K transaction makes a blip on their radar like a lightning bolt. Floppy B is not going to fly under the radar with this. If he thinks there's smooth sailing and a calm breeze at the end of this voyage, he's in for a rude awakening when the squall hits from out of nowhere when his Love Boat turns into the Flying Dutchman right from under him! 

buyer

15 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

Well whadda'ya know? I knew I saw the Hulk 1-6 someplace before. Just had to keep looking; July 12th:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Incredible-Hulk-1-2-3-4-5-6-Full-Run-Lot-Jack-Kirby-Ditko-Stan-Lee-Full-Run-Lot-/164274645577?hash=item263f882a49%3Ag%3AWh0AAOSwd71e~5Zb&nma=true&si=E8od8oRKDZdprrtjzMjvScVHsRw%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557 

And the winner of that NeatStuff listing, the six Hulks that appear verbatim in Floppy B's listing, just happens to be the HIGH BIDDER in Floppy B's debacle.

https://www.ebay.com/bfl/viewbids/164274645577?item=164274645577&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2565 

So Either one of two possibilities are in play. 

The bidder with 844 feedbacks is bidding on FloppyB's listing because he recognizes the books he already bought from NeatStuff in July, and this is some form of entrapment, for criminal purposes, or the winner of those books is FloppyBubbles and he's shilling this lot using the same account he won the Hulks from Neatstuff with. 

I'm confused. Those Hulk comics appear to have been legit. One of them is even slabbed. Are we thinking that floppybubbles cracked the case to prevent that particular Hulk comic from being tracked? And if these are the same Hulk comics, how would floppy have new photos of them? Is he actually selling authentic original Hulk 1-6 comics? ???

13 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

Well whadda'ya know? I knew I saw the Hulk 1-6 someplace before. Just had to keep looking; July 12th:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Incredible-Hulk-1-2-3-4-5-6-Full-Run-Lot-Jack-Kirby-Ditko-Stan-Lee-Full-Run-Lot-/164274645577?hash=item263f882a49%3Ag%3AWh0AAOSwd71e~5Zb&nma=true&si=E8od8oRKDZdprrtjzMjvScVHsRw%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557 

And the winner of that NeatStuff listing, the six Hulks that appear verbatim in Floppy B's listing, just happens to be the HIGH BIDDER in Floppy B's debacle.

https://www.ebay.com/bfl/viewbids/164274645577?item=164274645577&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2565 

The bidder with 844 feedbacks is bidding on FloppyB's listing because he recognizes the books he already bought from NeatStuff in July, and this is some form of entrapment, for criminal purposes, or the winner of those books is FloppyBubbles and he's shilling this lot using the same account he won the Hulks from Neatstuff with. 

oooh I'd say Floppy bought them...he has different pics of the Hulks in his listing which means he possesses them, I assume.

Perhaps he bought them intentionally as bait to move this giant lot of poo? hm

Just now, tvindy said:

I'm confused. Those Hulk comics appear to have been legit. One of them is even slabbed. Are we thinking that floppybubbles cracked the case to prevent that particular Hulk comic from being tracked? And if these are the same Hulk comics, how would floppy have new photos of them? Is he actually selling authentic original Hulk 1-6 comics? ???

The 1 is coverless. It has a repro cover, as was correctly represented by NeatStuff. 

FloppyBubbles doesn't mention anything about the Hulk 1 being coverless. 

1 minute ago, vheflin said:

oooh I'd say Floppy bought them...he has different pics of the Hulks in his listing which means he possesses them, I assume.

But then wouldn't the buyer receive the bait? If they're in the photos, he has to include them in the lot. Or are we thinking that he doesn't intend to ship anything at all?

2 minutes ago, vheflin said:

If FloppyBubbles is the buyer (from Neatstuff in July), then he's also the high bidder for his own current auction. (844)

2 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

If FloppyBubbles is the buyer (from Neatstuff in July), then he's also the high bidder for his own current auction. (844)

Right, but I assume he hopes to be outbid. Otherwise, what's the point?

26 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

James great detective work who says the extra time we have online during the pandemic can’t be put to good use

4 minutes ago, tvindy said:

Right, but I assume he hopes to be outbid. Otherwise, what's the point?

He can offer it the runner-up bidder and the bid after that one too.  Or just relist.

I bet he'll be outbid, they can't resist that Hulk #1 bait!

17 minutes ago, vheflin said:

He can offer it the runner-up bidder and the bid after that one too.  Or just relist.

I bet he'll be outbid, they can't resist that Hulk #1 bait!

He's not going to be outbid. I think there's still a lot of headroom, the bid will go up. If he's the ebay member with 844, the coincidence startling if he isn't, he laid out a certain amount of money assembling this lot so he's going to protect the winning price. But his impetus for thinking that this lot could bring over $30,000 if ebay bidders think that Hulk 1 is the real deal, maybe more when you include the possibility of the slabbed Action 1 being legit. 

Also, if the high bidder is Floppy, then "844" (I'll call the high bidder) may have enough ebay and paypal street cred to bypass that paypal $10K+ spike!! That is, if his FloppyBubbles account and his "844" account are linked to the same Paypal account! So there's a new wrinkle we haven't thought of. If that's true, 844 and Floppy the same, the 844 account linked to Floppy may carry enough weight to warrant not freezing the payment because it's so unusual an amount after all. I mean, 844 spent $5K with Neatstuff, right? Might have bought alot of other high ticket pieces and sold other lots like this in the past. Whole new dimension to this by the appearance of "844" as the winner of those NeatStuff Hulks and the high bidder on the same books now being offered by FloppyBubbles. I'll keep looking. 

Edited by James J Johnson

2 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

He's not going to be outbid. If he's the ebay member with 844, the coincidence startling if he isn't, he laid out a certain amount of money assembling this lot so he's going to protect the winning price. But his impetus for thinking that this lot could bring over $30,000 if ebay bidders think that Hulk 1 is the real deal, maybe more when you include the possibility of the slabbed Action 1 being legit. 

Also, if the high bidder is Floppy, then "844" (I'll call the high bidder) may have enough ebay and paypal street cred to bypass that paypal $10K+ spike!! That is, if his FloppyBubbles account and his "844" account are linked to the same Paypal account! So there's a new wrinkle we haven't thought of. If that's true, 844 and Floppy the same, the 844 account linked to Floppy may carry enough weight to warrant not freezing the payment because it's so unusual an amount after all. I mean, 844 spent $5K with Neatstuff, right? Might have bought alot of other high ticket pieces and sold other lots like this in the past. Whole new dimension to this by the appearance of "844" as the winner of those NeatStuff Hulks and the high bidder on the same books now being offered by FloppyBubbles. I'll keep looking. 

but this particular seller knows nothing about comics ... oh he recognizes a few of them, (Iron Men lol )  and is wondering what happened to Hulk 7-99

I recognized a few characters. There are a bunch of old Thors, Iron Men

there was a box of old Hulks (I loved Lou Farigno!) - Those seem to stop at 6 and start again over 100. I looked for the rest but couldn’t find them anywhere. 

9 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

but this particular seller knows nothing about comics ... oh he recognizes a few of them, (Iron Men lol )  and is wondering what happened to Hulk 7-99

I recognized a few characters. There are a bunch of old Thors, Iron Men

there was a box of old Hulks (I loved Lou Farigno!) - Those seem to stop at 6 and start again over 100. I looked for the rest but couldn’t find them anywhere. 

Send him a message that you have Hulk 7-99 and you'd like to trade. lol