• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

In Praise of Single Pages
6 6

229 posts in this topic

On 9/10/2022 at 3:02 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Single pages are usually only found on eBay, but the auction houses are starting to step up more and more. I got a nice Action 1 page from CC a couple years ago, and I just now picked up a nice Cap 1 page from Heritage. I collect the actual books too, but I also like the individual pages

2345BE7C-310D-4A8F-B4C1-51DBFB30877C.jpeg

E318E782-5A06-4BFE-92A9-4FEBB2E8445D.jpeg

I used to own a slabbed copy of that page as well, I ended up selling it and putting the money toward buying my Cap #3. Looking back at my records, it looks like I won my old copy for $740 on a ComicConnect auction on 09/25/13:

9943487315_cc66ea8fed_b.jpg

On 9/13/2022 at 4:26 PM, Illustrious said:

I used to own a slabbed copy of that page as well, I ended up selling it and putting the money toward buying my Cap #3. Looking back at my records, it looks like I won my old copy for $740 on a ComicConnect auction on 09/25/13:

9943487315_cc66ea8fed_b.jpg

Cap 3 is a great book to have.  That’s a keeper in my collection too.

so you collected pages back in 2013?  I never noticed this page until I rummaged pretty far into the Heritage auction. So much action, and against his chief nemesis!

I don’t collect pages thinking I’ll hit the bank with em. I just like them. 

thanks for posting 

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

We will soon know what the collecting community thinks of pages that have had the white edges trimmed. Still cool, I think. You just know some 11 year old was improving things

CC has 5 or 6 of these ending today(not mine).

0E22F5E7-B5B1-4D35-B8A5-39D6F7A35B95.jpeg

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

On 6/20/2022 at 9:15 AM, zzutak said:

Not single pages but single cut-out stories.  :luhv:  And none are for sale (so, please, no PMs).  :sumo:

Caps-1.thumb.jpg.ab3bd29bedf72bae556f175216e23704.jpg

Caps-2.thumb.jpg.97999013649d00cd04ba6815bda064f2.jpg

Looks like stories from Cap 1, 3 and 5.  Probably more issues are represented but it takes a while to look them all up.

I have a bunch of stories that were cut out of Detective comics but Ididn't take a picture of the group.  I think one of these is part of the Detective collection.  Most of the Captain America issues that I purchased were complete but coverless.

16514022516_cc438fd908_b.jpg

Edited by BB-Gun

On 9/21/2022 at 7:01 PM, szav said:

That’s a crazy drop, or the 12k was the insane price.  I hate purple labels but if I were buying single pages (and sone do appeal to me), I wouldn’t discriminate like I do on full books.  When it’s cut up and mutilated already, who cares?

The 12k joker splash on e bay was just a beautiful example. Probably wouldn't sell for 12 right now but close.

I do kind of feel the opposite. If I'm gonna get a page it better be blue. :yeehaw:

I just bought a comic page I think is worth slabbing.  It was already torn out. And here’s the thing: it is not from a comic, but a magazine.  If you slabbed it you would only see a cover that has zero appeal to comic collectors.  So this seems the perfect candidate for slabbing.  But, if you slab this page you get to see what matters.

Here is my question: Do I have to call ahead to slab a page or can I just send it in?

On 10/13/2022 at 5:51 PM, sfcityduck said:

I just bought a comic page I think is worth slabbing.  It was already torn out. And here’s the thing: it is not from a comic, but a magazine.  If you slabbed it you would only see a cover that has zero appeal to comic collectors.  So this seems the perfect candidate for slabbing.  But, if you slab this page you get to see what matters.

Here is my question: Do I have to call ahead to slab a page or can I just send it in?

Sorry, I don’t know. I’ve never done it. I got mine off eBay seller https://www.ebay.com/usr/blissard

who, incidentally, is the Dentist’s son

On 10/13/2022 at 5:01 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Sorry, I don’t know. I’ve never done it. I got mine off eBay seller https://www.ebay.com/usr/blissard

who, incidentally, is the Dentist’s son

Adam is an excellent dealer who I have the pleasure of buying from. His dad’s collection is impossible to match, but as a dealer, given his stats on eBay, Adam has more than surpassed his dad.