• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

In Praise of Single Pages
6 6

229 posts in this topic

On 11/16/2023 at 10:59 AM, CGC Mike said:

I remember getting laughed at for paying $3700 for the first WRAP of Action #1  off-white pages  15 or 16 years ago.  (no longer in my collection)  Times have changed.

Whoever laughed at you was a bloody disgrace! 😂

On 11/16/2023 at 10:52 AM, Joseph Ragno said:

that was my bid, but I have since been outbid.  My wife can now breathe a sigh of relief... unless I change my mind...

When this passed $27.5k, atleast I think that’s what page 5 sold for once, it became the highest price ever paid for a single page. Now it’s entering another universe at the current price and whatever it may keep going for. Action 1 and specifically Superman pages of course, just the record breaking gift that keeps on giving.

Edited by LDarkseid1

On 11/16/2023 at 1:59 PM, CGC Mike said:

I remember getting laughed at for paying $3700 for the first WRAP of Action #1  off-white pages  15 or 16 years ago.  (no longer in my collection)  Times have changed.

You had so much foresight🙌

Who laughed at you? Give me names. I'll tell them a thing or two.:banana:

• Administrator
On 11/16/2023 at 2:44 PM, zen514 said:

You had so much foresight🙌

On 11/16/2023 at 7:56 PM, grendel013 said:

Who laughed at you? Give me names. I'll tell them a thing or two.:banana:

It did seem kinda crazy at the time.  Especially when my maximum bid was much higher than that.  I was in it to win it!  :smile:

On 11/16/2023 at 8:15 PM, CGC Mike said:

It did seem kinda crazy at the time.  Especially when my maximum bid was much higher than that.  I was in it to win it!  :smile:

Champ🏆🙌🙌🙌

New nickname the Vision 😅

On 11/18/2023 at 2:24 PM, Daveb25 said:

Wow. That price is nuts. Brittle to boot. Rather spend a little more and hunt for a coverless copy. 

The brittle part doesn’t surprise me. I’ve seen a brittle page 1 sell before and at the time it was an impressive price. It seems Action Comics 1 Superman pages defy reality no matter the PQ, but especially pages 1 and 5. And as far as hunting for a coverless copy, I mean truthfully you’re just not going to find one. But if you do, expect to spend around $150K-$200K easy. So quite a bit more.

Edited by LDarkseid1

On 2/15/2024 at 6:36 AM, Joseph Ragno said:

Looks like there's a piece of page 3 (?) attached to the back of the page.  Not sure this is a problem.  Other than some tears, I fear I may be missing the problem you are asking about.

It’s a rogue piece from a different page,  but regardless its source, the eye appeal is adversely affected. So that, plus the other problems with the page, are too much for me

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost