• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Flip through and Submit Your Best Offer!

43 posts in this topic

Wiz...would you be offended by low offers from poor collectors like me?

Not at all! In fact I encourage people to submit their offers on books thumbsup2.gif

I can't always accept every offer made and the worst that could come of it is that the offer is declined.

He wasn't from me.

Don't expect a postive answer though. gossip.gif

27_laughing.gif

I was in a conference all day and wasn't able to login. I'd like to make this "offer" based method fun. I'm hoping that those who have submitted offers and have transacted using this system thus far feel that their experience has been positive. And I encourage people to put in offers on whatever catches their eye as I am attached financially to some books, but not every book. In addition, most of the books I'm moving are coming from backstock that was purchased in the 80's, so there is some room for movement on price.

BTW: David, I recieved your offer but recieved a message bounceback message from your email account when I tried to reply. If you see this post, please PM me as I've accepted your offer.

Thanks

Not at all! In fact I encourage people to submit their offers on books thumbsup2.gif

I can't always accept every offer made and the worst that could come of it is that the offer is declined.

Gotta appreciate that. Too many times folks solicit offers and get snotty when a lowball one comes in.

would it be okay if you could somehow indicate in the .swf file that there have been changes made to it? not saying you would necessarily want a date on the thing, but maybe a flashing "NEW BOOKS INSIDE" that would stop after two days or so, just in case someone wanted to check back every once in a while

would it be okay if you could somehow indicate in the .swf file that there have been changes made to it? not saying you would necessarily want a date on the thing, but maybe a flashing "NEW BOOKS INSIDE" that would stop after two days or so, just in case someone wanted to check back every once in a while

Love the idea Sal!

What I'm going to do is place a Vol 1, issue 1 indicia on the front cover to make it look a real-life publication, but instead of the number values, I will include the date the flipbook was last updated.

Whadya think? Will that help?

Gotta appreciate that. Too many times folks solicit offers and get snotty when a lowball one comes in.

Thanks DKB! thumbsup2.gif

Love the idea Sal!

What I'm going to do is place a Vol 1, issue 1 indicia on the front cover to make it look a real-life publication, but instead of the number values, I will include the date the flipbook was last updated.

Whadya think? Will that help?

it should...the only reason you don't date this sort of thing is that it scares away newcomers, who would look at the catalogue as being stale and picked-thru.

i like the volume and number idea, but what i was really looking for is a way to know when it had been updated recently without putting an actual date on it. so if there's a flashing NEW sign that expires after some set time, then people would know if there's been changes no older than that time period.

kind of like the "Hot Doughnuts Now" signs at Krispy Kreme, if you're familiar with that franchise

Thanks for the suggestion/feedback Sal. Much appreciated! thumbsup2.gif

In light of your suggestions, I tried out a starburst on the front cover; in addition, I will make mention in this thread everytime an update occurs.

Of particular note in this last batch of updates is the inclusion of a First Print Zap Comix 1 (aka the Action 1 of Underground comix). Aside from the fact that this book very rarely pops-up anywhere, it is usually even more difficult to find them in VG or better condition. The copy I am selling is a Solid Fine plus.

A well-known dealer from NY was selling a similarly graded copy for US $7K at his table at this years San Diego Comicon. Although I believe the price he is asking for his copy is severely out of touch, the copy I am grading is easily the 5th best copy I have ever seen or owned, and a far more appealing example than the copy he was offering.

If you know anyone that is remotely interested in collecting obscure items or is an Underground comix collector, I'd appreciate you contacting them about this recent offering. I anticipate that this book will sell fairly quick so don't hesitate to put in your offer!

Thanks once again to everyone who have stopped-by to look and purchased books! smile.gif

One super tiny totally worth ignoring suggestion. I've flipped through that thing so many times now, cause its damn cool, but my lawyer might be in touch about my onset of carpal tunnel! Maybe if you double click on the upturned page bit on the bottom right it could turn itself? Just an idea. =)