• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paying for a graded book

17 posts in this topic

The from line has Barbara Turner BTurner@ngccoin.com.  The email has a pdf invoice and wants me to return my payment info to her through email.  It states for me to send in the payment info through email.  Seemed odd to me that I need to send my personal info to someone personally instead of inputting it on the web site.  Just want to make sure it isn't a fake email of someone trying to get my personal info.  Thanks Tim

On 10/30/2020 at 10:51 PM, Tim Brown said:

I have a book that was sent in by an artist and I got an invoice to pay for the grading.  I looked on the web site and don't see a place to input my payment info.  I also sent a message to CGC and haven't gotten a reply.  Please help.  Thanks Tim

You should contact CGC to give them the details.

I have artists send books in all the time so I can tell you in my experience once its received someone from the receiving dept sends me an email asking for invoice details like tier, ship method, payment info etc. I have a credit card on file so I ask them to charge that, you CANNOT enter the info online anywhere. A way to work around that for next time is to fill out a form and email it to the artist and ask them to send that in with the book. That way CGC will have a invoice when they receive a book.

Barbara Turner is from the accounting dept if Im not mistaken, so the ngccoin domain email address makes sense.

HOWEVER, You should contact CGC directly to give them the details just in case. As suggested, call them.

Good luck

PLEASE COMPLAIN ABOUT THIS PEOPLE..!!!
I made a post about how CGC is doing business like it is 1920..!!!
I TOTALLY AGREE..!! Sending Billing/Shipping info via email in the 21ST CENTURY is INSANE..!!!
I am finding that CGC is VERY disorganized internally with how they handle business in General...

As a matter of Fact I am typing an email up right now to them about Several Orders sent in and how they are trying to jam me for shipping on every single line item even though its 3 total submissions... For instance one submission was for 3 small Prints, 1 Medium Print, & 1 SS Comicbook... CGC took that ONE SUBMISSION and broke it into 3 separate orders/line items and is hitting me for shipping costs on all 3 as if they are were all submitted separately... In other words CGC is defiantly using deceptive billing tactics for sure... I have the emails and invoices to prove it hence the email I am in the midst of typing... The amount in shipping costs on the split orders is over $100 alone; considering I am also in FL; at this point it is cheaper for me to drive 400 miles round trip and pick them up myself as gas in my Toyota will cost me $40... Also CGC keeps your Card Information on file ie Datamining/hording billing info... They do this so that they can just Bill you how they want which in my opinion is also theft and deceptive billing tactic... No modern company today operates like this most business offer a streamlined checkout shopping cart type system or in the least a checkout invoice system in place... In other words most modern companies today do NOT hold billing information unless a user selects too and even then a user can go onto their online profile and make changes or delete the information entirely... CGC website does NOT do this and CGC is actually hording billing info... I have expressed this to the highest levels as well as a Security Risk and Patel (Director of Operations) has yet to respond to any of these concerns..!!

BTW there are all Direct Artist Submission...
Not only that CGC Customer Service is all over the place with misinformation on how this Process is even supposed to go... I have used CBCS in the past for direct artist submission and CBCS website and online dashboard and user interface is 1000x better than the 20 year old CGC site here...

Basically CGC still works like its 1998 website and they handle internal workings by Carbon Paper Forms still..!!!
I have several orders in there right now and I keep getting mixed answers from CGC about how this "Direct Artist" Submission process is to be...

Brittney emailed from the SS department about a "Signature Series Form" I am supposed to fill out to go along with the "Artist Submission" form... (So 2 forms..? Still Confused..!)
Talking with another rep later on the phone disputing that this is not how the process was first explained to me at all and that this form is new to me and I was not told about it prior...
She goes on to tell me that the form they want me to fill out and send to the artist along with the books or whatever is a form that is NOT downloadable from the website and it is NOT available to us regular joe clients as the SS form they are demanding to be filled out that I can not get (VERY CRAZY!) is actually for Shows/Cons and Facilitators Only...

I keep YELLING the same thing to CGC and feel like I am falling on deaf ears; but now that someone else out there is asking the same things as to why a self-proclaimed billion dollar industry leader is still asking for billing info by regular emails (HIGHLY UNPROFESSIONAL & UNSECURED!!!) is a JOKE in the year 2020..!!! 

I tell them I can order a Pizza and know more about whats going on with the process and paying for it; than I can with Highly valuable collectibles submitted to CGC...

STAY VIGILANT..!!!

58 minutes ago, DANNiE D said:

PLEASE COMPLAIN ABOUT THIS PEOPLE..!!!
I made a post about how CGC is doing business like it is 1920..!!!
I TOTALLY AGREE..!! Sending Billing/Shipping info via email in the 21ST CENTURY is INSANE..!!!
I am finding that CGC is VERY disorganized internally with how they handle business in General...

As a matter of Fact I am typing an email up right now to them about Several Orders sent in and how they are trying to jam me for shipping on every single line item even though its 3 total submissions... For instance one submission was for 3 small Prints, 1 Medium Print, & 1 SS Comicbook... CGC took that ONE SUBMISSION and broke it into 3 separate orders/line items and is hitting me for shipping costs on all 3 as if they are were all submitted separately... In other words CGC is defiantly using deceptive billing tactics for sure... I have the emails and invoices to prove it hence the email I am in the midst of typing... The amount in shipping costs on the split orders is over $100 alone; considering I am also in FL; at this point it is cheaper for me to drive 400 miles round trip and pick them up myself as gas in my Toyota will cost me $40... Also CGC keeps your Card Information on file ie Datamining/hording billing info... They do this so that they can just Bill you how they want which in my opinion is also theft and deceptive billing tactic... No modern company today operates like this most business offer a streamlined checkout shopping cart type system or in the least a checkout invoice system in place... In other words most modern companies today do NOT hold billing information unless a user selects too and even then a user can go onto their online profile and make changes or delete the information entirely... CGC website does NOT do this and CGC is actually hording billing info... I have expressed this to the highest levels as well as a Security Risk and Patel (Director of Operations) has yet to respond to any of these concerns..!!

BTW there are all Direct Artist Submission...
Not only that CGC Customer Service is all over the place with misinformation on how this Process is even supposed to go... I have used CBCS in the past for direct artist submission and CBCS website and online dashboard and user interface is 1000x better than the 20 year old CGC site here...

Basically CGC still works like its 1998 website and they handle internal workings by Carbon Paper Forms still..!!!
I have several orders in there right now and I keep getting mixed answers from CGC about how this "Direct Artist" Submission process is to be...

Brittney emailed from the SS department about a "Signature Series Form" I am supposed to fill out to go along with the "Artist Submission" form... (So 2 forms..? Still Confused..!)
Talking with another rep later on the phone disputing that this is not how the process was first explained to me at all and that this form is new to me and I was not told about it prior...
She goes on to tell me that the form they want me to fill out and send to the artist along with the books or whatever is a form that is NOT downloadable from the website and it is NOT available to us regular joe clients as the SS form they are demanding to be filled out that I can not get (VERY CRAZY!) is actually for Shows/Cons and Facilitators Only...

I keep YELLING the same thing to CGC and feel like I am falling on deaf ears; but now that someone else out there is asking the same things as to why a self-proclaimed billion dollar industry leader is still asking for billing info by regular emails (HIGHLY UNPROFESSIONAL & UNSECURED!!!) is a JOKE in the year 2020..!!! 

I tell them I can order a Pizza and know more about whats going on with the process and paying for it; than I can with Highly valuable collectibles submitted to CGC...

STAY VIGILANT..!!!

Is said email going to contain as many grammatical and punctuation atrocities as this post does?

2 minutes ago, DANNiE D said:

Tim; these people defending CGC, just block them..!
They are looser trolls; one has over 15,000 posts clearly he has NO LIFE other than to troll REAL PEOPLE WITH REAL LEGAL COMPLAINTS IN THE 21ST CENTURY..!!!

These same users say read this or read that um ok where can Consumers CLEARLY find this information..?!
See what these long time CGC minions do not get is that even the CGC Customer Service Manager does NOT even know the Products and services they offer...

I have the emails and recorded phone calls of several of the situations at hand... I called one day to find out the largest size page of "Original Art" I could get encapsulated was... First CS Rep said they dont even do that... Second one knew about Posters and Movie cars but nothing about Original Art... See I was calling cause I had just seen an Artist do and unboxing of his art encapsulated and SS Cert'ed so I know they do it... LoL But these CS reps knew NOTHING..!!! I finally got a lady manager on the Phone (Barbara?) and she didnt exactly know the max size and was not easy to deal with or talk too as seem seemed frustrated that I was telling her I am looking at the product right now on the screen the artist is holding it in their livestream go look yourself...

After a long hold she came back and blurted 11x17 is the max they do...
Ironically I go online and look at another artist webstore and he is selling slabbed 13x19 Signed Prints..! LMMFAO..!!!
Yeah some Customer Service reps and service CGC is..!

And for these people to stick up for a Company doing business like its the 19th Century is INSANE and they are fools for tolerating this type of Business practice for this long..!!! 
I have never in my life place ONE ORDER, UNDER ONE SUBMISSION & gotten charged 3 separate shipping costs...
If you can find that written policy where it states that they do business like this I surely will be taking all my business to CBCS in the future...

Mind you I have About 25 Items with them RIGHT NOW; but these people commenting all they have with CGC right now is the CGC stick in their butts with no grease cause they trust these people to have their credit card info on file to bill at will or better yet get hacked with their 1990s system... LoL Yeah its RIDICULOUS that a user can not even edit their billing information with a company of this self-proclaimed caliber....

I can order a Pizza from the small local Joe's Pizza easier & better than this..!
Dominos Pizza has a copyright on their checkout thingy LoL These comic nerd dont want to face the reality that CGC sucks...
I just saw a LCS do an unboxing and 2 out of 3 slabs were smashed like corner falling off in the box... LoL 
Yeah just keep looking and the complaints are out here..! But these trolls and CGC do a good job at mobbing and closing a thread down that exposes them...

You'll see..!!!  

Literally on CGC's website.

You have been proven verifiably wrong on multiple occasions. Crying "troll" doesn't make any sense when you have no clue what you're talking about. The message and the messenger must be concise when requesting specific information.

*asks CGC rep the largest OA they "encapsulate"*

"We don't." Because they literally don't "encapsulate" it. <<< Example of non-concise messaging.

*submits 3 Tiers worth of books under 1 Tier*

"I got charged 3 times!" Because you submitted incorrectly, and they bumped to appropriate Tiers. <<< Example of being wrong, yet blaming the service they employed.

Take this guy's comments with a grain of salt, plz.

6 minutes ago, DANNiE D said:

The emailed Instructions LITERALLY FROM CGC..! 
You're Welcome..! STAY VIGILANT..!!!

image.thumb.png.a708a88b8de6814add46046016d047dd.png

Their instructions were concise.

If you got charged shipping 3 times, then I am guessing that you had it signed/sketched twice? If so, that means the book had to be shipped 3 times. #1: From Artist A to Artist B; #2: From Artist B to CGC; #3. From CGC to you.

Correct me if I'm wrong about the change of custody, there.

1 hour ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Their instructions were concise.

If you got charged shipping 3 times, then I am guessing that you had it signed/sketched twice? If so, that means the book had to be shipped 3 times. #1: From Artist A to Artist B; #2: From Artist B to CGC; #3. From CGC to you.

Correct me if I'm wrong about the change of custody, there.

I have no idea what he is complaining about, first it was about mixed tiers and now its about the creator agreement?

I'm not a thousand percent sure what's going on, but every company has ways they can improve their customer service (and really most aspects of business), whether its modernization of websites, better training for employees, more consistent escalation protocols, etc.  If they've made a mistake or you require further explanation, keep on them about it. Yes sometimes that's not fun to keep wasting your time when you're a paying customer to begin with, but that's what has to be done.  Keep pressing CGC, escalate if needed, then after its resolved you can write a detailed, formal, logical and orderly email to complain or provided constructive criticism should you choose to.

After that, of course every person is entitled to re-evaluate their relationship with CGC and can literally choose ANY REASON at all to give or not give additional business to CGC.

To be fair, CGC's policy on separating return shipping based on tiers has always been a bone of contention with me.  I get that they're not a storage facility, but the least they could do is consolidate my orders into one shipment.  It doesn't make a difference financially to them, but it certainly does to me.  Look, I'm not saying to hold all my books until I have 100 that need to be returned at once.  But at the very least, they should allow some flexibility for those who submit say 5 books across multiple tiers.

12 hours ago, ExNihilo said:

To be fair, CGC's policy on separating return shipping based on tiers has always been a bone of contention with me.  I get that they're not a storage facility, but the least they could do is consolidate my orders into one shipment.  It doesn't make a difference financially to them, but it certainly does to me.  Look, I'm not saying to hold all my books until I have 100 that need to be returned at once.  But at the very least, they should allow some flexibility for those who submit say 5 books across multiple tiers.

I completely agree. I'm not defending CGC's policy, but for him to claim that they're blindsiding him with hidden fees is just asinine.

As Revat mentions, there are usually ways to make improvements, and CGC is not devoid of criticism. The customer is not always right, though.