• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Price Sticker or Store Sticker on your comic books?
1 1

17 posts in this topic

On 11/1/2020 at 11:20 AM, iggy said:

498F59B5-363F-474B-A1FF-CF8C4FE75B61.jpeg

I showed up at Greggy's house unannounced one time......he answered the door dressed just like that guy on the right.

I don't go to Greggy's house anymore. 

6 hours ago, SkyJuice said:

Seems like a good idea. Would this affect the comic cover in any way? Thanks

I’ve used this over the years pretty successfully. The rate of evaporation is pretty quick. If used sparingly and you don’t rub too hard, it works quite well. It does have a smell to it but goes away as it evaporates. Stuff is toxic though. Use in well ventilated area, don’t breath in and wear gloves. 

2 hours ago, SkyJuice said:

Just wondering if the shop sticker would affect the grade of the book in anyway?

It can depend on a few factors. If the grade is low enough they will give it a blue label as the sticker doesn't really have enough effect on the grade to truly detract from the overall grade. However if it is a higher grade they will give it a green qualified label and note sticker on cover and then act as if the sticker is not there and grade accordingly.  Although my "stickered" versions are from Walden Book stores where they would place a different UPC code that was shipped from DC and placed over either direct edition boxes or over existing upcs that were not scannable in their system.  Here is an example of a graded  sticker on cover comic.20200709_071315.thumb.jpg.25cfa7aca8a339fbf9921d1de023a643.jpg