• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Journey into Mystery Pedigrees by Issue

17 posts in this topic

Where are the Western Penn and Curator JIMs?

Good question.

I talked to Doug Schmell last night, and requested that he talk to Tom Brulato about giving me serial numbers from some of his collection. Especially if I got some old label serial numbers, I could fill in a lot of missing issues as I'm sure they are graded (and not just JIM's). Right now, it's more "trial and error" searching for this books.

FF and ASM will be the last ...... to keep everyone in suspense.

insane.gif

What are the little x's for? Books that aren't present in the collection? Books that are known to not be graded?

Little x's means that I saw the book in the certificate lookup, but that it had a .0 by the grade. In almost all cases, I would say that the book has been resubmitted, but I haven't found the new serial number for that issue. Therefore the book is in the census but I don't know the final (new) grade.

There could be the rare instance that the book has been deslabbed and the label sent in.

I'm also going to start putting little u's, which means that a forum member has PM me that they own the copy of that issue, but it's never been CGC'd.

If nothing else, it should mean, that issue is not in the census at this time (but doesn't give us any indication what the book might grade at).

Here's the JIM Pedigrees. One of the few where I don't know where most of the Pacific Coast are located (as Doug Schmell has mostly the Original Owner Canadian run).

Inclusions or comments?

925028-JIMPedigree.JPG

To update your list

White Mountain 84 9.2

White Mountain 85 9.2

White Mountain 86 9.2

White Mountain 87 9.6

White Mountain 89 is raw at 8.5 (but may be graded by now)

White Mountain 106 9.4

White Mountain 107 8.5

White Mountain 111 9.2

White Mountain 112 9.0

White Mountain 115 9.2

White Mountain 118 9.4

White Mountain 123 8.5

White Mountain 124 9.0

If you need source info let me know

Hello

I own a/the CGCed Northland Copy of Journey into Mystery 105. If NL = Northland in your list, it is a NM 9.4 (not a 9.2). I have the scanned image somewhere (from the seller I bought it from) if you need the serial number for confirmation. Do you know if there are multiple Northland copies of each JIM issue? Or just one of each?

Regards

Alan (UK)