• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bye Bye DC Comics?
2 2

204 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Crops068 said:

There are enough other publishers out there that this isn't an issue.  Darkhorse, Aftershock, Boom, Upshot, etc.

That’s what I was thinking.  I don’t see why Disney can’t own both Marvel & DC.  

38 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

That’s what I was thinking.  I don’t see why Disney can’t own both Marvel & DC.  

Just considering that Disney is going after the next biggest player in the industry there, rather than the small fry.

38 minutes ago, Crops068 said:

By 2050 everything will be owned by Taco Bell.

In England, more likely it’ll be Nando’s.

(I get the film reference.) :smile:

2 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Well in my defense I live in Florida,  so we just got some Meth-head plumber to rig up a good ol' fashioned bidet20201201_114356.jpg.9e5bc69fea54b9a01fc8ae1cefc91bae.jpg

out of all the reindeer's you know you're the mastermind!

Run Run Rudolph Randolph ain't too far behind :banana: 

1 minute ago, Ken Aldred said:
41 minutes ago, Crops068 said:

By 2050 everything will be owned by Taco Bell.

In England, more likely it’ll be Nando’s.

(I get the film reference.) :smile:

Si Si

hombre de demolición

So, I stumbled across this Bleeding Fool site when the pandemic first started and I was on a quest to find more comic book content on the Internet.

I try to stay very apolitical on the boards. Not everyone shares my political views and it would be pretty boring if they did. I can respect a wide range of viewpoints. 

Having said that... Holy carp is that place a gathering of unpleasant world views. They are super butthurt about characters like Miles Morales and Kamala Kahn and complain constantly about what a poke in the eye they are to poor victimized white men. I’m a fifty year old white guy and I dig both those characters.

Cosmic book news seems to be just as bad. Last time I was there, they were complaining about women having the right to vote. I just slowly backed out of both of those sites without breaking eye contact.

As several other boardies mentioned, we should definitely consider the source with this article. Their constant theme is that Marvel and DC will be destroyed by fire for being so “woke.” 

Edited by Off Panel

I hadn't heard of the site until stumbling on this thread.  My first impression was that a lot of it sounded like things I used to hear on Coast to Coast AM, w-a-y- back when I could actually stay up that late.

(for the uninitiated Coast to Coast AM was a late night radio talk show mostly dealing with conspiracy theories, aliens, etc., entertaining, but not much of and actual news source)

18 minutes ago, kenaran said:

(for the uninitiated Coast to Coast AM was a late night radio talk show mostly dealing with conspiracy theories, aliens, etc., entertaining, but not much of and actual news source)

I used to listen to Coast to Coast some back in the days when conspiracy theories still seemed novel and fun to me.

Good old Art Bell. I suspect most comic book fans enjoy a good Bigfoot sighting every now and then.