• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How is grading right now? Tight? Loose?
4 4

46 posts in this topic

On 12/2/2020 at 9:00 PM, KCOComics said:

I've graded a bunch of SA this year and with one exception I would say everything was as expected or even a bit better. 

I've got about 12 high grade BA books I want to submit but I'm a little worried CGC will be more discerning with high grade books

My limited experience with high grade bronze submissions is tighter than the strands on a bungee cord.

On 12/4/2020 at 9:05 AM, Jeffro. said:

What happened to your other thread?

59 minutes ago, Poekaymon said:

The Woodgod thread?  It ran its course.  

20201031_224050.jpg.a89303e69b7c247858d20ca215e497b3.jpg

But seriously.  It had several issues that caused it to be poofed. Naming both Voldy and SB. Also at the very end it had a member Icandothisallday come in and the last thread he had was not only poofed , but he got a vacation. 

41 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

But seriously.  It had several issues that caused it to be poofed. Naming both Voldy and SB. Also at the very end it had a member Icandothisallday come in and the last thread he had was not only poofed , but he got a vacation. 

The last three or four pages were nothing but Woodgod.  As I said, it ran its course.  NBD

2 minutes ago, Poekaymon said:

The last three or four pages were nothing but Woodgod.  As I said, it ran its course.  NBD

I WOOD agree . I think we all knew it had.  It was just a when not if. Although the extra nail in the coffin was the appearance of said member I mentioned which definitely sped that up, as several that had commented myself included were all lashed out at by him and the result was a vacation. 

1 minute ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

I WOOD agree . I think we all knew it had.  It was just a when not if. Although the extra nail in the coffin was the appearance of said member I mentioned which definitely sped that up, as several that had commented myself included were all lashed out at by him and the result was a vacation. 

We enjoyed it while it lasted.  Just goes to show you have to cherish things in the moment because you never know how long they will last.  It's an allegory of life, really.

40 minutes ago, Poekaymon said:

We enjoyed it while it lasted.  Just goes to show you have to cherish things in the moment because you never know how long they will last.  It's an allegory of life, really.

1092600292_BadMassiveDassie-small(1).gif.3a451b5bf080db6d8ddfc57f60894357.gif

So I've submitted quite a few invoices in the last few weeks and have had some interesting results.

I had a very strict invoice a few weeks ago where I stated that the majority of books did not get the expected grades. I felt that the grading was extremely tight on this invoice.

Then i had another few invoices come back exactly as expected with a small portion of books that didn't reach the desired grade but most did.

I submitted one invoice with 9 books - ALL books were potential CGC 9.9 candidates (yes, you read that right) and I got 5 out of 9 possible CGC 9.9 books. ???

Then I submitted one LONE walkthrough expecting to get a 9.4 / 9.6 - the book was a CGC 9.2 with a TON of improvements made on the book and should have graded higher than the old CGC 9.2 grade this time around - and the book came back a CGC 9.2 again.

I just scratch my head and don't get it.

7 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

So I've submitted quite a few invoices in the last few weeks and have had some interesting results.

I had a very strict invoice a few weeks ago where I stated that the majority of books did not get the expected grades. I felt that the grading was extremely tight on this invoice.

Then i had another few invoices come back exactly as expected with a small portion of books that didn't reach the desired grade but most did.

I submitted one invoice with 9 books - ALL books were potential CGC 9.9 candidates (yes, you read that right) and I got 5 out of 9 possible CGC 9.9 books. ???

Then I submitted one LONE walkthrough expecting to get a 9.4 / 9.6 - the book was a CGC 9.2 with a TON of improvements made on the book and should have graded higher than the old CGC 9.2 grade this time around - and the book came back a CGC 9.2 again.

You got 5 9.9s back?

7 hours ago, VintageComics said:

Same old random CGC carp. If you crack a lot of books, you see this all the time.