• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Am I crazy?
2 2

13 posts in this topic

So, this is literally the second stabbed comic I have ever bought so go easy on me. The top image is the scan off ebay and this is what I received. Am I crazy or did this possibly get damaged? I know sometimes there are defects like it being miscut but from comparing the two photos it looks like the comic shifted, there's a crack on the case, and the pages on top showing are nowhere to be seen in the ebay listing. It was nicely packaged etc but has this thing been shaken :/? Sorry for the glare.

$_12.jpeg

20201124_185229.jpg

If it's the bottom left that's cracked, it's visible in both photos.  If there was no mention of the cracked slab, that's just wrong.  They are counting on you not noticing, since it's a subtle thing to see if not alerted where to look.

Agree with @JTD that the camera angle eliminated the top pages being visible.  Guessing 90% sure that WAS intentional, as it could have plausible deniability.  People do it all the time, though, taking photos that are to their advantage in presentation.  Figure you won't buy it if they are HONEST and show you the defects.  And they are right.  You won't.

The pages sticking out would be a production flaw, and you can still get a 9.8.  But maybe there are better looking 9.8's out there, without that glaring problem.

Send it back if you can.  It can cost around $45 to get re-holdered, and you STILL have a funky comic.  With the crack and pages, this seller tried to slide it by, hoping you wouldn't notice or care.  Now it's going to cost them shipping both ways, possibly no refund on their eBay fees due to a return for Not As Described, and they will still have the mutant comic.

Edited by Lightning55

On 11/24/2020 at 4:14 PM, Fullmetal030 said:

So, this is literally the second stabbed comic I have ever bought so go easy on me. The top image is the scan off ebay and this is what I received. Am I crazy or did this possibly get damaged? I know sometimes there are defects like it being miscut but from comparing the two photos it looks like the comic shifted, there's a crack on the case, and the pages on top showing are nowhere to be seen in the ebay listing. It was nicely packaged etc but has this thing been shaken :/? Sorry for the glare.

welcome.gif

Looking at the original listing, it does not surprise me that the seller..

1) Took all photos from the bottom of the book up (angled in such a way as I do not think it is possible to see the top edge of the book.

2) Does not accept returns.

Of course, if I paid $200 plus S&H on this, I would want to return it.

I think there may be a few members here who would prefer not to buy from this seller.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TAROT-WITCH-OF-THE-BLACK-ROSE-1-CGC-9-8-WHITE-Pages-Jim-Balent-1st-Print-/333784744369?hash=item4db71f01b1%3Ag%3ALNcAAOSwuh5fDo2R&nma=true&si=31Opi4BWu7adkqI54Mi4O2XvXRM%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

On 11/28/2020 at 9:04 AM, joeypost said:

Agreed. The book took an impact, the cover adhered to the inner well and the interior pages shifted. Are there any small tears around the staples?

This is what the staples look like and this got me pretty bummed out as well. The whole spine has pretty uniform wear on it but I'm assuming this book is screwed :( based on the tearing. :(

20201124_185258.jpg

20201124_185302.jpg