• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Getting a sketch cover CGC'd by an unknown?
1 1

12 posts in this topic

I'm pretty sure there have been boardies who are "unknowns" that have had their sketch covers certified before, right? Maybe they'll chime in, as I can't remember who at this point. You'll probably get a better answer in the sig forum.

23 hours ago, Chamberlin said:

I have a book that a friend sketched for me.  He's not a well known artists and there no COA or signature to speak of.  How would they grade something like that? Not really concerned about the number, but more curious as to the label etc.

Thanks

The artist has to send the book directly to CGC and include this filled out CGC Creator's agreement form. If you have a CGC account, CGC will contact you by email and ask tier, dollar value, payment and return shipping info and they will fill out the rest of the paperwork for you. This is likely not their preferred way of submitting, but CGC is quite helpful in this regard.

NEW CGC Creator's agreement form.jpg

14 minutes ago, Schmakt said:

That's cool. Now I definitely want to draw something on sind random book and get it slabbed with my name on it! I can't draw anything outside of a circle.

Maybe I'll do a Spidey book and draw Spot on the cover after he's already disappeared...

Maybe get a beat up with creases book, as a joke, and marker on the creases, label it a sketch with your name on it and see what grade it comes back as? hm

:idea:

On 11/26/2020 at 1:06 PM, Ron C. said:

The artist has to send the book directly to CGC and include this filled out CGC Creator's agreement form. If you have a CGC account, CGC will contact you by email and ask tier, dollar value, payment and return shipping info and they will fill out the rest of the paperwork for you. This is likely not their preferred way of submitting, but CGC is quite helpful in this regard.

NEW CGC Creator's agreement form.jpg

that form is one step that gets the creator registered with CGC.

The book then needs to be submitted with a signature series submission form. You need both.

20191025_175152.jpg

20191025_175329.jpg

IMG_20190314_192430_469.jpg

Screenshot_20201103-090828_Instagram.jpg

Edited by Artboy99

8 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

The book then needs to be submitted with a signature series submission form. You need both.

20191025_175152.jpg

20191025_175329.jpg

I thought about tagging you lol

Cause I know you're familiar 

I've done it so many times I should know the info already  :sumo:

Haha, so I didn't want to bother you, but thank you for being thorough and providing the info anyway   :tink:

8 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

20191025_175152.jpg

20191025_175329.jpg

The CGC Creator's form needs to be included with each submission directly from the artist. The CGC Submission forms used to be easily gotten at cons, but are now in shorter supply. Yes, you need both, but CGC will assign you an invoice number if the artist sends the cover and the form.

19 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I thought about tagging you lol

Cause I know you're familiar 

I've done it so many times I should know the info already  :sumo:

Haha, so I didn't want to bother you, but thank you for being thorough and providing the info anyway   :tink:

thanks, feel free to tag me anytime friend.