• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Trading Card Cases Problem

4 posts in this topic

Has CGC addressed and fixed the issues with some of the cases being shown on Youtube and other places of poorly sealed Pokemon Cards in the CGC slabs?

This is very concerning on a consumer and submitter of cards to your service for grading. I wanted to see if CGC knows of this problem and is actively trying to figure it out.

Thank you

I hope so. I received an order today, and one of the cards is loose in the case, which can obviously lead to worn corners even though it’s supposed to be a 9.5. I contacted them today and haven’t heard back. Hopefully they fix it. 

• Administrator
On 12/7/2020 at 1:44 AM, Slade M said:

Has CGC addressed and fixed the issues with some of the cases being shown on Youtube and other places of poorly sealed Pokemon Cards in the CGC slabs?

This is very concerning on a consumer and submitter of cards to your service for grading. I wanted to see if CGC knows of this problem and is actively trying to figure it out.

Thank you

We've carefully calibrated our ultrasonic welders to ensure a tight and attractive seal. We also image every card after our encapsulation process and post those images to our website for an added layer of security.

That being said, we are constantly working with product and machinery engineers to improve our holders and have strengthened the seal. One of the soon-to-be-released improvements for the CGC Trading Cards holder will result in an even tighter seal. 

Paul