• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Action Comics #1 Brittle Page shavings up for sale

31 posts in this topic

All right! :banana:

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/900651

COMMENTS: Own pieces of history! Pieces of Action #1 that flaked off as the consignor expertly separated an incomplete, brittle copy won in our auction and then CGC'd the pages; these are the first pages certified by CGC - includes a staple! 
1st Superman by Siegel and Shuster

402ABDDC-6C51-4953-87CB-05266960DAC2.jpeg

16 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

I'll start the bidding at: $3.50

Lol, I was just going to put my initial bid in at $1.00  and set my max bid for Tree fiddy

Edited by PetuniaGrimm
Misspelling two letter words, that takes a special ability

10 hours ago, BigLeagueCHEW said:

All right! :banana:

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/900651

COMMENTS: Own pieces of history! Pieces of Action #1 that flaked off as the consignor expertly separated an incomplete, brittle copy won in our auction and then CGC'd the pages; these are the first pages certified by CGC - includes a staple! 
1st Superman by Siegel and Shuster

402ABDDC-6C51-4953-87CB-05266960DAC2.jpeg

Clearly the seller bought this bag before

25364045-big-plastic-bag-of-weed-or-marijuana-on-wooden-background.jpg

All kidding aside, I really am flabbergasted at the lengths of something like this. I've seen multiple CGC'd single pages from Marvel Comics #1 or Action Comics #1 and I actually get that- it's a page, it's a part of something historic, but just page shavings (and a staple!) is ridiculous. Of course it's all subjective and if someone finds value in it, okay then (and it's currently up to $205 as of the time of this post) but really, if someone removed the three staples from Detective #27 and tried to sell them to me I'd be completely bewildered as to why I'd want them.