• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It's very disappointing when a Forumite completely deceives you to make a fast buck.
3 3

73 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, G G ® said:

I should also add that the Buyer when he sold the book....stated that in his opinion the book was unpressed and not cleaned in his opinion.

At no time did he approach me with such questions. Couple that with the fact that he did not respond to my pm about conclusion of sale and kudos, and to my mind you have a clear intent all along...but to disguise it under the pretence of acquiring a much sought after book.

Is that illegal?  No

Is that unethical, especially in this community?  Hell yeah.

But I was a fool, and I mistakenly thought I was dealing with someone with a decent perspective.

Lesson learnt, and the whole purpose of this thread is to make the community here, of which I am privileged to be a member, AWARE.

We have all made this mistake Paul, we have trusted people thinking they are men of integrity, when they have turned out to be backstabbing two faces, who shouldn't be trusted in the first place

24 minutes ago, G G ® said:

I should also add that the Buyer when he sold the book....stated that in his opinion the book was unpressed and not cleaned in his opinion.

At no time did he approach me with such questions. Couple that with the fact that he did not respond to my pm about conclusion of sale and kudos, and to my mind you have a clear intent all along...but to disguise it under the pretence of acquiring a much sought after book.

Is that illegal?  No

Is that unethical, especially in this community?  Hell yeah.

Exactly why I dislike puffery and salesmanship in general.  "Never pressed" gets bandied about all the time, without any real knowledge of the history of the book.

2 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I cannot understand why people do this as a negotiating tactic.  Every fiber of my being says not to show your cards when trying to make a deal.  Because if you want it more than someone else, then they know you are overly invested in it.  Just my thoughts.  If it IS actually something I really want I let the dealer know it has sentimental value after the deal has been made and the piece is in hand especially if it concerns comic art. 

what if someone wanted to buy a broach on ebay from you cheap as a tribute to their veteran brother-I'm pretty sure that would make even your cold heart crack.

15 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

It's 5:39 and I'm starting my investigation.   Will report back when I find out the culprit. 

I know who it is and was surprised.  I really really really thought it was someone else in particular. 

Just now, kav said:

what if someone wanted to buy a broach on ebay from you cheap as a tribute to their veteran brother-I'm pretty sure that would make even your cold heart crack.

You only write that because you already know about that eBay message and already know I rolled my eyes at it and would not budge on the price.

You would remember this more than I would... did they buy it anyway? 

And for the rest of you... I actually screen shot these messages for Kav.  These are real messages that I get. 

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

You only write that because you already know about that eBay message and already know I rolled my eyes at it and would not budge on the price.

You would remember this more than I would... did they buy it anyway? 

And for the rest of you... I actually screen shot these messages for Kav.  These are real messages that I get. 

No as I recall they said if it wasnt meant to be it wasnt meant to be you cold hearted $##@!!

14 minutes ago, Nazirite said:

If you don’t mind sharing, what is the story?

Oh oh oh.... 

The Red Rock / Superman #1 / Designer Toast / Beige DEBACLE

It All Started Here....

The Red Rock / Superman #1 Debacle PART 1

The Red Rock / Superman #1 Debacle PART 2

The Red Rock / Superman #1 Debacle PART 3

The Red Rock / Superman #1 Debacle PART 4

The Red Rock / Superman #1 Debacle PART 5

The Red Rock / Superman Sale Debacle Part 6

image.png.1b9e2c15d825d860edd4e52c8d414388.png

Edited by Buzzetta

I was going to advise buzz to go ahead and sell it at her price and make someone's day-until she played the bogus veteran card.  
"Yes I want this piece of jewelry to honor my brother yeah thats it"

Just now, G G ® said:

I'm an old dog, and to me there is nothing new under the sun, getting played is out there...I expect it on ebay.

I do not expect it on here.

I wouldn't do it here (or anywhere) I certainly would not expect it here amongst my peers.

What would make it right?

I'll cut to the chase.

1. An admission of wrongdoing

2. An apology

3. A share of the profits donated to a charity of my choosing (with proof)....50%.

And a 

Paul is the awesomest on your Kudos thread