• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are your 2021 collecting goals?
4 4

106 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

It's an annual tradition, so let's here them.  :banana:

My 2021 goal is to either get a Spider-man 101 OR 102 in 9.8 condition, white pages.

This is probably a terrible year for this goal, but I'm telling myself that there will be sellers who are very motivated to unload this book before March 19th when the movie comes out and everyone sees Morbius is not going to become "a thing." (And after the 19th, I expect prices will come down.)

Really my goal has nothing to do with the movie. I've finally turned my attention to ASM 100-120 and I see 101 and 102 (and of course 106) as the biggest challenges.

This year I have only one book I really want to find . I have had several in the past and let them go, which i really regret.

Superman The Wedding Album RRP.. 

Other than that I plan on get a LOT more of my current collection graded. 

I bought a ton of stuff in 2020 that I really should not have with the pandemic possibly putting my employer out of business. For the first half of 2021 I just want to hang onto what I own (except for what I intend to sell for other stuff :) ) For the last half, I would like a few more Timelys, a Schomburg cover or 3, and some Four Color or March of Comics Donald Ducks.  Oh, and some more high grade Uncle Scrooge comics at prices with which Scrooge would be happy.

Just now, batman_fan said:

I am over the moon actually owning it.  It hangs on my bedroom wall where I admire it every day.

Don't blame you! I would love a Sunday but the wife just doesn't see monetary value in b&w art. Fortunately, she did let me buy a Carl Barks painting so I drool on that. :) 

45 minutes ago, Off Panel said:

My 2021 goal is to either get a Spider-man 101 OR 102 in 9.8 condition, white pages.

This is probably a terrible year for this goal, but I'm telling myself that there will be sellers who are very motivated to unload this book before March 19th when the movie comes out and everyone sees Morbius is not going to become "a thing." (And after the 19th, I expect prices will come down.)

Really my goal has nothing to do with the movie. I've finally turned my attention to ASM 100-120 and I see 101 and 102 (and of course 106) as the biggest challenges.

Spiderman's from that timeframe are some of my favorites.  I also like the ones in the 121 to 140 as well.  Good luck !

1 minute ago, Badger said:

Don't blame you! I would love a Sunday but the wife just doesn't see monetary value in b&w art. Fortunately, she did let me buy a Carl Barks painting so I drool on that. :) 

That's awesome!  You can't beat Barks.  My wife has a fine arts background so she likes all the original artwork.

27 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

This year I have only one book I really want to find . I have had several in the past and let them go, which i really regret.

Superman The Wedding Album RRP.. 

Other than that I plan on get a LOT more of my current collection graded. 

This book?

20201208_214537.jpg

@Hollywood1892

The lettering is gold. The back as you can see is Dedicated to comics. Which was only printed for the fifth annual Diamond Summit RRP Meeting. Only 250 were printed and all signed and numbered on back( why they all get green label) This was also the very first RRP meeting . I have had 5 of them and at one point was really trying for a 9.8 so I let these and a few others go in hopes of getting a 9.8. Now I not only wish I had these back , but would be happy with any of them , including my old copies. 

Edited by onlyweaknesskryptonite

1 minute ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

The lettering is gold. The back as you can see is Dedicated to comics. Which was only printed for the fifth annual Diamond Summit RRP Meeting. Only 250 were printed and all signed and numbered on back( why they all get green label) This was also the very first RRP meeting . I have had 5 of them and at one point was really trying for a 9.8 so I let these and a few others go in hopes of getting a 9.8. Now I not only wish I had these back , but would be happy with any of them , including my old copies. 

I get CGC policy on signatures but if it's orchestrated by the company I don't get why they give it a green label

Just now, Hollywood1892 said:

I get CGC policy on signatures but if it's orchestrated by the company I don't get why they give it a green label

I would agree. There are several that should have a blue. 

I expect I'll cycle some nice stuff through my temporary "collection", but as usual, I'm way more interested in tracking down weird stuff that personally interests me than I am in books that other people value, haha. That said, I'd like to get at least one of my four chase items this year:

• The EverQuest Online Adventures: Quest for Darkpaw giveaway comic.
  • The Babylon 5: The Lost Tales Best Buy DVD special edition pack-in (also a SDCC giveaway).
  • Tokyopop's first Legend of the Dark Crystal / Return to Labyrinth flipbook. I can help people figure out which of the two (that I know of) versions people have, if anyone has either. Which they probably don't.
  • Least likely by far, Charles Burns's Black Hole #1 pre-press ashcan. There are just so few of these to even have a shot, and unlike most of my personal-interest drek, this one's legitimately worth something.
Edited by Qalyar
Make that four. Missed one.