• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are your 2021 collecting goals?
4 4

106 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Off Panel said:

Really my goal has nothing to do with the movie. I've finally turned my attention to ASM 100-120 and I see 101 and 102 (and of course 106) as the biggest challenges

Are you looking for certified copies of the these besides 101 102? What grade range? Yeah you'd be hard pressed to find a certified 106 in high grade. 

3 minutes ago, MGsimba77 said:

Are you looking for certified copies of the these besides 101 102? What grade range? Yeah you'd be hard pressed to find a certified 106 in high grade. 

Yeah, I'd really like certified 9.8's across the board, and ideally with white pages. That may be a complete pipe dream, but I managed to do it with ASM 121 through 129 over the last few years, so that has emboldened me. I'm already seeing a big difference though; in the 120's there were always lots of nice books that met my criteria and I just couldn't afford them, while in the run from 100 to 120, I can better afford them, but they aren't there.

I actually saw an ASM 106 9.8 a couple of years ago with a lower page quality and passed. I wasn't focused on it at the time so I didn't think too much about it. I think about it now.

Well, this year I plan to start making good money, so my desires will be great. I plan to add ASM 129 2.0-3.5, Avengers 1 0.5-1.5, Incredible Hulk 181 1.0-2.0 (or qualified 3.0-5.0) to my collection, and also want to get back ASM 300, at least a low grade. Or instead of all this I will take ASM 1 0.5-1.5, which I have long dreamed of

Per usual, I have no goals. My collection has no focus. I just like to take things as they come. Buying stuff online kinda took the thrill of the hunt away from me, so a couple of years ago I just dedicated myself to finding what I could locally, at shops, shows, etc. And its been a lot of fun. So, I guess I'll continue down that road. I just pick up cool stuff I like as I find it.

The one book I may make an exception for is a low grade X-Men 1, if I can find one at a not-stupid price. I sold my 2.5 two or three years ago, which was a bonehead move. Would like to replace it, but will likely have to pay 2 or 3x what I did for the last one. I'm probably going to have to resort to the internets to make that happen.

Otherwise, we'll see what happens!

24 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Per usual, I have no goals. My collection has no focus. I just like to take things as they come. Buying stuff online kinda took the thrill of the hunt away from me, so a couple of years ago I just dedicated myself to finding what I could locally, at shops, shows, etc. And its been a lot of fun. So, I guess I'll continue down that road. I just pick up cool stuff I like as I find it.

The one book I may make an exception for is a low grade X-Men 1, if I can find one at a not-stupid price. I sold my 2.5 two or three years ago, which was a bonehead move. Would like to replace it, but will likely have to pay 2 or 3x what I did for the last one. I'm probably going to have to resort to the internets to make that happen.

Otherwise, we'll see what happens!

I'm horrified about the pricing on XM1's right now.  I may have to sell a kidney to get an entry level copy.