Modern Star Wars Comics that are heating up
14 14

1,389 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, ygogolak said:

There is some good stuff in those links but some of the first appearances are debatable.

Cal Kestis’ first appearance is listed as Star Wars Jedi - Yoda, but it’s not Cal Kestis. His first mention is in Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order - Dark Temple #5, but he has yet to appear in comics. 

Edit: it’s clear that it’s not Cal Kestis link. The only thing they really have in common is the first name.

Also, Cad Bane’s first appearance came in a series of Clone Wars shorts in a UK Star Wars comic that is impossible to find. I haven’t seen one for sale since I started looking. Might as well keep it as Darth Maul #2 lol 

Edited by awakeintheashes
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't know much about Star Wars, my wife is the big Wars fan in the house but I've picked up a few Star Wars books over the past week or so, not spending big amounts on them though, if I can find books for cover price or below I'll grab them. So far the big wins have been Thrawn #1 and Darth Vader #3, so here is hoping something with Doctor Aphra happens at some stage :p

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, awakeintheashes said:

Cal Kestis’ first appearance is listed as Star Wars Jedi - Yoda, but it’s not Cal Kestis. His first mention is in Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order - Dark Temple #5, but he has yet to appear in comics. 

Edit: it’s clear that it’s not Cal Kestis link. The only thing they really have in common is the first name.

One more thing on this. The Wookiepedia link notes Cal as a Legends character, which puts him outside of canon. However, Marvel notes the comic on its website and in Marvel Unlimited - link. Does this mean that the events and characters appearing in this book are in canon? If so, the Cal in the book died before Order 66 and can't be Cal Kestis who survived Order 66 and may have even survived the purge.

Edited by awakeintheashes
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

One more thing on this. The Wookiepedia link notes Cal as a Legends character, which puts him outside of canon. However, Marvel notes the comic on its website and in Marvel Unlimited - link. Does this mean that the events and characters appearing in this book are in canon? If so, the Cal in the book died before Order 66 and can't be Cal Kestis who survived Order 66 and may have even survived the purge.

its legends the only canon dark horse title is son of dathomir  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, silversufer27 said:

its legends the only canon dark horse title is son of dathomir  

Got it. Either way, this Cal appeared in an episode of Clone Wars the cartoon, which is canon. IMO it's a huge reach to say they are the same character.

Edited by awakeintheashes
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Broke as a Joke said:

Star Wars Insider 95 and 149. First ever appearances of Ahsoka and the Rebels characters.  Predates both the comics and the cartoons.  

Mags though. Much like Marvel Super Special #16 vs. Star Wars #42.

Edited by ygogolak
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Star Wars Insiders are interesting. Certainly some upward movement in prices.

I see 95, and 103 (PX cover) on the rise for Ahsoka 1st app. plus many of her other cover appearances, especially 140 which often gets over $200

For Rebels, 149 and 152 seem to do well.

195 (Baby Yoda/Grogu) is also getting some bucks.

Edited by Rip
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Mags though. Much like Marvel Super Special #15 vs. Star Wars #42.

You have a point, but I would guess the next Marvel Super Special 16 9.8 that goes up for sale will go over $2k

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
14 14