• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

INVESTMENTS: Is it time to realize the truth?
3 3

185 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Mephisto said:

You mean like the countless insufficiently_thoughtful_persons who I see displaying their books next to their statues and trying to guess the percentage of ones that are going to wind up with faded covers in the CGC cases? Not to mention all the one’s I see displayed on walls in just their cases with no UV protection.

In a perfect world -I would love to mount my books on my wall - but the threat / fear of fading and or degrading is real ...so in boxes they remain 

2 minutes ago, Old_Man_Adam said:

In a perfect world -I would love to mount my books on my wall - but the threat / fear of fading and or degrading is real ...so in boxes they remain 

We hardly ever have anyone over, so the point of mounting books on the wall escapes me? Are they to impress others or impress yourself?   I don't know.  Because I actually don't get it.  When people do come over, I can pick some stuff out of the boxes or piles to suit the conversation.

Today, at home, Pokey the turtle was rampaging around her habitat during breakfast (ours), killing worms and scratching at the glass. I was quickly able to quickly locate some rampaging turtle covers (From Beyond the Unknown, etc.), both from the piles and from the boxes to show the wife and youngest son. War turtles.  Cool! 

9 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

I guess.  Lots of choices out there. Ruining my books is not what I choose to do. I think if you care and have half a brain, the damage can be at least mitigated.

Which I feel like the newer breed of collector’s I have seen over the past 5 years don’t have...some of the stuff I have seen on Facebook 😬.

4 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Yeah, I don't do that. The CGC chat boards are the only social media I do. My wife calls this place, "Facebook for Nerds". Lovingly, I might add.

They are so cringe worthy i have long left all collectible groups save one a friend runs and it is not anything I really collect.

The CGC boards on the other hand my fiancé tells me to get off of late at night so I actually go to sleep...yet we have invited about 4 boardies to our wedding.

1 minute ago, Mephisto said:
7 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Yeah, I don't do that. The CGC chat boards are the only social media I do. My wife calls this place, "Facebook for Nerds". Lovingly, I might add.

They are so cringe worthy i have long left all collectible groups save one a friend runs and it is not anything I really collect.

The CGC boards on the other hand my fiancé tells me to get off of late at night so I actually go to sleep...yet we have invited about 4 boardies to our wedding.

Yeah - and I note, not me. :sorry: I would be good for dropping the deuce in the punchbowl, though! :banana: 

I'm just sorry for the valuable boardies we've driven away. Like Doc Watson, who was one of my faves! :sorry: Maybe someday, he will come back...., if he makes it out of Dale's basement purgatory...., :wishluck: 

5 hours ago, lizards2 said:

We hardly ever have anyone over, so the point of mounting books on the wall escapes me? Are they to impress others or impress yourself?   I don't know.  Because I actually don't get it.  When people do come over, I can pick some stuff out of the boxes or piles to suit the conversation.

Today, at home, Pokey the turtle was rampaging around her habitat during breakfast (ours), killing worms and scratching at the glass. I was quickly able to quickly locate some rampaging turtle covers (From Beyond the Unknown, etc.), both from the piles and from the boxes to show the wife and youngest son. War turtles.  Cool! 

Because comics are art. And people hang art on their walls.

9 hours ago, Mephisto said:

I don’t even watch Baseball anymore but find myself more interested in potentially buying cards from the late 20’s-early 50’s. 🤷‍♂️

i'm thinking of getting back into coins... many key coins have remained stable while comic prices have gone sky high..might be time to sell some comics and put the profits into some coins i always wanted but couldn't afford

7 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

i'm thinking of getting back into coins... many key coins have remained stable while comic prices have gone sky high..might be time to sell some comics and put the profits into some coins i always wanted but couldn't afford

When the Zombie apocalypse comes, gold-silver-copper will be more in demand than paper goods.   I think you have a good plan since we are getting close....

9 hours ago, lizards2 said:

Some people just like to look at their own collections. Whenever I check out the first books I bought, it always brings back good memories.

16 hours ago, valiantman said:

RallyRd.com thanks you for the commercial and all of its users thank you for not competing with them.

Rally is an insider trading scheme with those not knowledgeable providing the liquid.

They are setup with “investors” and “advisors” who can (and likely will) supply the product being offered. Likely at a higher than market “evaluation”. Where does this evaluation come from? Places where the previous high sale cannot be verified.

I suggest if this is something someone is interested in that they review their Conflict of Interest. You will then find a lot of words that state it doesn’t exist.

1 hour ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:
2 hours ago, Mercury Man said:

When the Zombie apocalypse comes, gold-silver-copper weapons will be more in demand than paper goods.   I think you have a good plan since we are getting close....

FTFY

And that's why I've spent thousands on ammo this past fall, and my wife got me a new Sig Sauer P365 SAS for Christmas.

Actually, the Sig is for carrying in the woods while walking the dog, as we have a mountain lion and wolf problem around here now.

4 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

So I guess I hang prints and paintings and stuff. Maybe not like normal people. Very little hanging space in the house after the wife's prints, photos, paintings and my antlers, bear and mountain lion rugs.

Wrightson.jpg.f305395c9fa21346f5854b9d316d637c.jpg

image.thumb.png.6a82419f97a67af3ede441add43dac93.png

image.png.5fac294b6535d12c4170a5f59959e561.png

I have that Bolland print on my wall.  Great great gallery of villains page