• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please grade my GSX 1,
1 1

21 posts in this topic

wear on spine, lower right corner ding, what appears to be a small tear on the upper right edge at the end of the blue marvel banner. White pages for page quality. 
Question: has this book been trimmed to your knowledge? I ask because of the area where Storm’s cape touches the edge. The centering on the cover seems fine from where the spine folds to the front cover and the interior splash looks out of square. Below is an example of the cover with similar centering and you can see the amount of space between the cape and edge for comparison

8C77E364-93DB-4614-8E5F-F54A00B79AB6.jpeg

Edited by B2D327

18 hours ago, 956Ref said:

Hello,

Please grade my GSX 1 raw. I can tell its a nice looking grade, just trying to get a pulse on how nice it is. Thanks in advance.

Giant Size X men 1 Back Cover.jpg

Giant Size X men 1 Front Cover.jpg

Giant Size X Men Flat.jpg

Giant Size X men 1 interior.jpg

BeatleBlueCat.  Dec 17, 2020. 

WINNING BIDDER = 51 feedback     100% activity with this seller.

So this is your forum account, Michael? You were waiting for someone to ask, "where did you get this?" and then point out that you graded in VF- so everyone could say, "Wow. Nice book"? 

How transparent. Now you've revealed your Forum ID. Good job. 

3 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

BeatleBlueCat.  Dec 17, 2020. 

WINNING BIDDER = 51 feedback     100% activity with this seller.

So this is your forum account, Michael? You were waiting for someone to ask, "where did you get this?" and then point out that you graded in VF- so everyone could say, "Wow. Nice book"? 

How transparent. Now you've revealed your Forum ID. Good job. 

wear on spine, lower right corner ding, what appears to be a small tear on the upper right edge at the end of the blue marvel banner. White pages for page quality. 
Question: has this book been trimmed to your knowledge? I ask because of the area where Storm’s cape touches the edge. The centering on the cover seems fine from where the spine folds to the front cover and the interior splash looks out of square. Below is an example of the cover with similar centering and you can see the amount of space between the cape and edge for comparison

Edited 7 hours ago by B2D327

1 hour ago, B2D327 said:

Edited 7 hours ago by B2D327

Taking this centering into consideration, and the characteristics of the right edge into account, I don't see an immediate tell for trim here other than size, which is never conclusive by itself. As soon as I can I'll initiate a search for CGC 6.5s through 8.5s, the images from past internet sales to find a match if I can. 

Edited by James J Johnson

To my knowledge the book is not trimmed. This is the book in my hand in a Mylar.

The second is my undercopy which I was trying to replace, and it seems storms cape is the same distance from the edge of the page. 

@B2D327

@James J Johnson

I’m also alittle confused as to your post about the eBay. My name is not Michael. I clicked on the links...seems that profile bids on books from the same seller...are you accusing the seller of using a fake account to shill bid?

C265CFF9-667E-4280-AEAA-4BCFC4F1383C.jpeg

C6182E82-CFDC-49A0-928D-4BACD3D47EC3.jpeg

I scanned the book on my scanner. Then put it away....realized I should probably put some profile shots...rather than take a 2k book back out of the bag.. because of extra handling, I just went to the post and copied the pictures of the profile that I thought complimented my scans. Its really that simple.

Edited by 956Ref

2 minutes ago, manetteska said:

Uf; even used the exact same pics from the sold listing. 

Waiting to see how this all is explained as you see that seller shills auctions and you now have that book. 

I just put another pic in the mylar next to my undercopy that I mentioned. Im not goint to keep handling expensive raws outside the packaging over and over.

6 minutes ago, 956Ref said:

I scanned the book on my scanner. Then put it away....realized I should probably put some profile shots...rather than take a 2k book back out of the bag.. because of extra handling, I just went to the post and copied the pictures of the profile that I thought complimented my scans. Its really that simple.

It’s possible you are caught in the middle of this and it’s also possible you are BBC. Unfortunately it’s going to take real evidence at this point. 

9 minutes ago, manetteska said:

It’s possible you are caught in the middle of this and it’s also possible you are BBC. Unfortunately it’s going to take real evidence at this point. 

DAVE you are on my Kudos board! You were one of my early transactions, I mean C'mon isnt that evidence?? LOL

1 hour ago, manetteska said:

He most certainly is in the middle, but it appears it may be from the opposite end, as the victim of shilling via second chance offer. 

1 hour ago, 956Ref said:

DAVE you are on my Kudos board! You were one of my early transactions, I mean C'mon isnt that evidence?? LOL

BTW, here's your book. Same black dot in the same place on the back cover margin. CGC graded it 6.5. 

Giant Size X-Men #1 CGC 6.5 OW/W - 1st App of the New X-Men! Marvel Comics 1975 | eBay 

GSX1aaa.jpg

7 hours ago, 956Ref said:
8 hours ago, manetteska said:

The ID did sound familiar but I could not place it late last night. Apologies, then, on two levels: 1. Jumping the gun (though now a sneaky second chance offer makes sense) and 2. That you were probably swindled by this seller on a rather expensive book. 

If I can help you out here, send me a PM.