• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE 2021 SKETCH COVER MEGA THREAD
17 17

913 posts in this topic

On 7/29/2021 at 1:25 AM, 1dingo said:

These technically are not 2021 sketches,  but they have fresh slabs now. Classic best of the best beauties by the late Josh Medors. I've been wanting to get them digitally colored for a while, so figured scanning them with new slabs would make things easier. 

20210728_194345.png

20210728_200000.png

20210728_205708.png

20210728_202046.png

20210728_210535.png

All these are just amazing!!! My FAV is the Wolverine for sure. The skill is wonderful!!

On 7/25/2021 at 11:50 PM, Monstertruck97 said:

A fellow collector I have known 30 years is always questioning why I get books signed and why I prefer slabbed comic sketch covers (over framing art) and it kind of annoys the hell out of me to be honest with you.

Sadly I don't share with him anymore my purchases because it's like the movie Groundhog Day. 

He collects things I don't understand (cap gun boxes?) and I never question him.

If you are about to start a sentence "I don't understand why...", just stop.

We all collect different things in different ways. These collectibles bring us joy. That's why we collect and a collector should never question another's person collecting habits or try to bring his purchase down with a negative opinion, which happens a lot on Facebook OA Groups, not here.

My two cents...

I completely agree and feel exactly the same. Thank you for putting the thought into perfect words.

On 8/7/2021 at 5:27 PM, FAKadar said:

Yes, drawn, colored, painted on blank variants. 

That’s just crazy good stuff. I mean, most of the sketch covers shown in this thread look like they were professionally printed and are so much better in terms of being fully realized, final pieces of art, compared to the sketches I’ve seen done by more “established” artists, like JS Campbell, Jim Lee, or Frank Miller, which tend to be more “cartoony” and simple. 
I wonder which are more valuable on the market.