• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE 2021 SKETCH COVER MEGA THREAD
17 17

913 posts in this topic

On 7/27/2021 at 9:52 AM, DedalusMan said:

Hey all, I’m new to all this sketch work on comic books but find it really fascinating. I’m thinking about submitting some blank cover books to CGC for Jim Lee to sketch on, but I’m a little confused about how to submit them. If CGC requires all books be window bagged for submission, how did you all get these artists to fill the entire cover with their sketches, ie. edge-to-edge? Not to mention the back covers?? 
I’d really appreciate any pointers. Thanks!

You can reach out to them on their website to see if they are open for commissions and ask do they send to CGC. I do it all the time. I normally send in the form that is required pre-filled out with my name, number of books and my CGC account number. After that they sign it and mail the item in with the form. Once received. Someone from CGC will contact you on how you want it shipped, tier and payment method. Hope that helps 

On 7/27/2021 at 3:36 AM, RayJr said:

You can reach out to them on their website to see if they are open for commissions and ask do they send to CGC. I do it all the time. I normally send in the form that is required pre-filled out with my name, number of books and my CGC account number. After that they sign it and mail the item in with the form. Once received. Someone from CGC will contact you on how you want it shipped, tier and payment method. Hope that helps 

Oh, I see. So I guess that's how most of the cover art shown in this thread was done - i.e., sent directly to the artist first rather than submitted through CGC's private signing/sketch events. Thanks for clearing up my confusion!

On 7/27/2021 at 11:33 AM, DedalusMan said:

Oh, I see. So I guess that's how most of the cover art shown in this thread was done - i.e., sent directly to the artist first rather than submitted through CGC's private signing/sketch events. Thanks for clearing up my confusion!

FYI, I actually was just able to confirm with CGC that books being submitted for full page sketches do NOT need to be window bagged, which makes sense. However, books submitted for remarques still need to be window bagged.

Hey again I never wanted to make it seem i was being hurtful to any one. I enjoyed seeing everyone sketches/commissions/oa and what not posted. I was merely curious on the topic of pieces done on a unrelated book. I am sorry if I made any one feel I was trying to be mean towards any one.

Edited by Webhead2018

On 7/27/2021 at 11:31 AM, Webhead2018 said:

Hey again I never wanted to make it seem i was being hurtful to any one. I enjoyed seeing everyone sketches/commissions/oa and what not posted. I was merely curious on the topic of pieces done on a unrelated book. I am sorry if I made any one feel I was trying to be mean towards any one.

All good, lets move on from this and enjoy each other collections.....whatever that may be

On 7/28/2021 at 12:33 AM, DedalusMan said:

You can send in to CGC when they do the private signings. I dunno about commissions when they are sent in

On 7/27/2021 at 4:59 PM, Webhead2018 said:

On the topic of slabs what is cgc stance on say a cbcs slab either blue label or witness yellow label if you wanted a book reslab to cgc. Would cgc accept another company witness label for cgc label or no.

Simple answer is no

On 7/28/2021 at 6:59 AM, Webhead2018 said:

On the topic of slabs what is cgc stance on say a cbcs slab either blue label or witness yellow label if you wanted a book reslab to cgc. Would cgc accept another company witness label for cgc label or no.

No! They do not accept another company’s witness label 

On 7/29/2021 at 3:25 PM, 1dingo said:

These technically are not 2021 sketches,  but they have fresh slabs now. Classic best of the best beauties by the late Josh Medors. I've been wanting to get them digitally colored for a while, so figured scanning them with new slabs would make things easier. 

20210728_194345.png

20210728_200000.png

20210728_205708.png

20210728_202046.png

20210728_210535.png

Freakin fantastic 

On 7/29/2021 at 12:54 PM, FAKadar said:

My last cover for Megacon. I'll have 9 in total. If any of you are going I'll have these at my table for sale. :)

King Shark.jpg

lol that's classic, just regular joe shark :roflmao: NICE!

On 7/29/2021 at 2:50 PM, FAKadar said:

It's King Shark from the Harley Quinn animated series. :bigsmile:

Oh I knew that :shy:

But in a regular outfit? I liked it, I havent watched the trailer to know what he wears in the movie, but I might see that movie as a prescreen next Tuesday,!

Sssooooo

I'm trying to avoid spoilers; although some is unavoidable, still, that king shark is awesome!

Edited by ADAMANTIUM