• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Marvel Spotlight #5
2 2

10 posts in this topic

I obtained this copy by purchasing, about 16 years ago and with a left bid, a longbox of early/mid bronze age books. It was full of 20 cent partial runs like ASM, Daredevil, CA, Hulk, FF.  All Marvel.  I filled in a lot of holes for me. Asm 121,122,129, this book were all in there. About 150 books all together. Average price per comic was 69 cents.  That's right, sixty nine cents each

I missed out on a second box that wasn't so great, but was spiked with a IH #181 with a water stain on the cover. A third box I missed out on had an Giant size XMen #1, which was a key at the time but not a mega key. I wished I had the time to stay and attend the auction in person, because I just know they opened the bidding with my left bids. Those other boxes probably went for $1 more than my left bid. 

Yes, I know, my left bids should have been higher.

I'm not trying to brag, but I did think little true stories like these should be shared for the youngins

Edited by CatskillMike