• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bulk order + subgrade question

13 posts in this topic

I'm doing a bulk order and don't want all the cards to have subgrades. when I add them to my cart the subgrades and non subgrades are in different categories. will they both count towards the 50 needed for a bulk order or do I need to have either all subgraded or all non subgraded ?

• Administrator

Yes they will. Please make sure to separate the cards you want sub grades on from the cards you do not, as they will be on different submission forms.

Paul

@PaulS.to piggyback on this question and your response... I sent in my first submission (7 card economy not bulk) a few days ago and did not realize that the sub grade cards need to be separate. All cards were placed together in the order of the packing slip however. Will this be an issue? For future reference, will I need to send 2 different packages (one for sub grades and one for grading) or can they be in one box but just spaced out.

edit: added service type

Edited by nickdrizzle
added service type

• Administrator
59 minutes ago, nickdrizzle said:

@PaulS.to piggyback on this question and your response... I sent in my first submission (7 card economy not bulk) a few days ago and did not realize that the sub grade cards need to be separate. All cards were placed together in the order of the packing slip however. Will this be an issue? For future reference, will I need to send 2 different packages (one for sub grades and one for grading) or can they be in one box but just spaced out.

edit: added service type

They will sort them out, but in the future, please keep them seperate. They will ship back separately. Sometimes it might make more financial sense to get sub grades on everything so they are not split and you do not incur an extra shipping fee.

Paul

1 hour ago, PaulS. said:

They will sort them out, but in the future, please keep them seperate. They will ship back separately. Sometimes it might make more financial sense to get sub grades on everything so they are not split and you do not incur an extra shipping fee.

Paul

THIS

I think the break even is 5 cards or so, as you'll get a second 5 dollar handling charge and 20ish dollars to ship a separate package, so if you are 5 cards or less that you DON'T want to do subgrades on, and the rest you want subgrades, you'd spend the same amount of money just getting the subgrades added.  Same goes for error cards, though that's more complicated (unless you have a bunch of error cards).

• Administrator
On 2/20/2021 at 4:43 AM, Twillz1111 said:

Is there anyway you can pay to get the sub grades after you received your card?

No, sorry. We do not record the sub grades if they are not requested as it takes many times longer to do so. The card would need to be submitted for re-grade with sub grades.

Paul

@nickdrizzleRarely have I had to call CGC for an issue of any sort, but when I did they were immediately helpful. If you give them a call and it is still in received they may be able to make a change because each card has not been listed in your que or submission account. I say this assuming from the conversation you want to add sub grading to the rest of your cards. I'm not sure if they will because I have only worked with them on a few changes with comics over the years not cards, but it is worth a shot.

Edited by CHASEnBLUE

On 2/22/2021 at 7:09 AM, PaulS. said:

No, sorry. We do not record the sub grades if they are not requested as it takes many times longer to do so. The card would need to be submitted for re-grade with sub grades.

Paul

How? I don't see an option to "re-grade" and the recasing option doesn't have a place to add subs. 

-Matt 

On 6/3/2021 at 12:10 AM, Matt Macaluso said:

How? I don't see an option to "re-grade" and the recasing option doesn't have a place to add subs. 

-Matt 

You aren't "recasing", you are basically resubmitting as the card has to be graded again to get the subgrades. Thus why it's called a re-grade, but that isn't an actual option.  You just enter it like it's a raw card and they will crack it out when they get it. 

Edited by Rufuss C. Kingston

21 hours ago, Rufuss C. Kingston said:

You aren't "recasing", you are basically resubmitting as the card has to be graded again to get the subgrades. Thus why it's called a re-grade, but that isn't an actual option.  You just enter it like it's a raw card and they will crack it out when they get it. 

They should have an option and/or way to simply add subs.

-Matt

On 6/5/2021 at 8:45 PM, Matt Macaluso said:

They should have an option and/or way to simply add subs.

-Matt

They do, either when you submit the card the first time, or you re-sub the card again.  If you are thinking that there will be a way to just pay $10 after the fact to have them added, you'd be dreaming.  You need to pay them for their time.