• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Classic Copper Age Covers That Haven't Hit _________ Status, But Deserve Some More Recognition (And Are Not Keys or Semis For Reasons Other Than Their Cover)
3 3

168 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, CanadianGothic said:

This Sienkiewicz is a beauty.  I'm sending it to CGC for the new custom Ringling winner label. 

Screenshot_20210304-231952_eBay.jpg

His style starts to change in this cover.  Big round eyes, drop jaw mouth.  Brush strokes changing.

On 1/13/2021 at 3:43 PM, the blob said:

I am perplexed by why that one does not garner more interest $-wise as it is the standout Batman cover for that little period. I look it up every couple of years to see if the market has finally appreciated it and then I see a bunch of $3 sales. If the shrunken head had a nice rack or something then maybe the market would care.

Maybe its just me, but every time I see that cover it reminds me of those cheap batman 3 packs Kmart used to sell in the toys aisle for 99cents.  Had a couple 4th or 9th print copies of that book from those packs that got tossed in the great comic downsize massacre if 2016 :(

5 hours ago, waaaghboss said:

Maybe its just me, but every time I see that cover it reminds me of those cheap batman 3 packs Kmart used to sell in the toys aisle for 99cents.  Had a couple 4th or 9th print copies of that book from those packs that got tossed in the great comic downsize massacre if 2016 :(

yeah, they reprinted the bejezuz out of it, which kind of makes me think "classic cover" and the 1st print should be of interest. of course, it is the 9th print that is the rarest...

DC...

56 minutes ago, Timeless icons said:

Just about the tail end of the copper age. Love this cover. 

s-l1600_edited.jpg

has lots of potentials for a great movie...

2 minutes ago, ganni said:

DC...

has lots of potentials for a great movie...

I think so too. If DC can get a good director, a good cast for "the main man" in size and someone who can pull off the Lobo one liners without sounding corny (no "Booyah!" :censored:) and a rated R -script, it could be great. The lobo they came up with for the Superman show was good, considering the budget restrictions they must have had. Would prefer someone with a bigger build but the look was decent as far as shows go IMO. Gritty, signature hook with chain, space bike and maybe include L.E.G.I.O.N. members here and there perhaps? Vril Dox? I believe Stan Lee's favorite DC character was Lobo. (thumbsu

43 minutes ago, Timeless icons said:

I think so too. If DC can get a good director, a good cast for "the main man" in size and someone who can pull off the Lobo one liners without sounding corny (no "Booyah!" :censored:) and a rated R --script, it could be great. The lobo they came up with for the Superman show was good, considering the budget restrictions they must have had. Would prefer someone with a bigger build but the look was decent as far as shows go IMO. Gritty, signature hook with chain, space bike and maybe include L.E.G.I.O.N. members here and there perhaps? Vril Dox? I believe Stan Lee's favorite DC character was Lobo. (thumbsu

Never understood DC movies are having problem developing their characters.... ZS Justice league is :bigsmile: for me

And who needs Black Adam when they can do this instead...

dccpa3.jpg

5 minutes ago, ganni said:

Never understood DC movies are having problem developing their characters.... ZS Justice league is :bigsmile: for me

And who needs Black Adam when they can do this instead...

dccpa3.jpg

I mean, I hope Black Adam turns out to be a big hit because im sitting on an 8.0 marvel family 1 😁😄

1 hour ago, Timeless icons said:

I mean, I hope Black Adam turns out to be a big hit because im sitting on an 8.0 marvel family 1 😁😄

Black Adam is a great character for the movie.  So the next movie will be an origin story to develop the character.:flipbait::flipbait:

17 hours ago, Timeless icons said:

I think so too. If DC can get a good director, a good cast for "the main man" in size and someone who can pull off the Lobo one liners without sounding corny (no "Booyah!" :censored:) and a rated R --script, it could be great. The lobo they came up with for the Superman show was good, considering the budget restrictions they must have had. Would prefer someone with a bigger build but the look was decent as far as shows go IMO. Gritty, signature hook with chain, space bike and maybe include L.E.G.I.O.N. members here and there perhaps? Vril Dox? I believe Stan Lee's favorite DC character was Lobo. (thumbsu

They should have cast Jason Momoa as Lobo instead or Aquaman.