• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic sales ads that make you laugh/cry
2 2

69 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Which one of you had a relative that got a canary through the mail? 

Many living things have been advertised throughout the decades. I can recall seeing ads for sea-horses, ants, monkeys, tea-cup sized pups and kittens, mice, turtles, fish, even microscopic cultures included with microscopes, among may others. . 

2 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

The perfect and very useful pet, if you live in a coal mine. 

There is one zoom meeting that I am in during the week where the participant has parakeets.  I am completely enchanted by these parakeets.  She lets them hop and fly around the apartment and they wills sometimes land on her head or shoulder and just watch the screen.  They do not become a nuisance to the meeting but are completely fascinating how tame they are.   They just like to sit there and watch. 

Just now, James J Johnson said:

Many living things have been advertised throughout the decades. I can recall seeing ads for sea-horses, ants, monkeys, tea-cup sized pups and kittens, mice, turtles, fish, even microscopic cultures included with microscopes, among may others. . 

I've seen the back pages for ants, sea monkeys, and sea horses.  I have never seen offers for dogs and cats.   I am not disputing you either.  It was a different time so I totally believe it.  I personally have never seen it.  Part of me would like an ad and would mail it to the address to see if the offer still stands lol 

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

There is one zoom meeting that I am in during the week where the participant has parakeets.  I am completely enchanted by these parakeets.  She lets them hop and fly around the apartment and they wills sometimes land on her head or shoulder and just watch the screen.  They do not become a nuisance to the meeting but are completely fascinating how tame they are.   They just like to sit there and watch. 

pigeon-lady.jpg

pigeon-lady.jpg

lol I'm serious.   It's this little yellow bird no bigger than a hand and it will just suddenly land on her head or shoulder and then just sit there for the rest of the meeting. 

2 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I've seen the back pages for ants, sea monkeys, and sea horses.  I have never seen offers for dogs and cats.   I am not disputing you either.  It was a different time so I totally believe it.  I personally have never seen it.  Part of me would like an ad and would mail it to the address to see if the offer still stands lol 

So cute too. They show a little poodle in a teacup with a little saucer under the cap. The kittens were shown with a blank background. Three or four of them in a state of play. 

9 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

So cute too. They show a little poodle in a teacup with a little saucer under the cap. The kittens were shown with a blank background. Three or four of them in a state of play. 

Don't you mean Chihuahua in a tea-cup?  I can't say I've seen Poodle ads.

And while we're on the subject, are you in the market for a Rac? 

rac.jpg

I live two blocks away from the preserve.   I see enough raccoons. 

I bet you don't know what their favorite food is? 

The neighbor's garbage.  They don't believe in lids. 

2 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

'Possums too?

Possum and bunny rabbits and ducks and hawks. 

The possum will hiss at worst.

The ducks are absolute fun as they will take a stroll through the neighborhood in the spring time.  Like... for real... They will just take a walk down the block with their mate. 

The bunny rabbits are adorable.  Last summer I kind of adopted one and had no problem letting him eat out of my garden.  It was nice to see him walk over and take a few things as I would look out the office window.  I would even leave a few things out there that I was not growing but would pick up at the store. 

The hawks killed my bunny rabbit and ripped his face off.  The rabbit is now buried at the side of the garage. 

The hawks have been known to go after small dogs and cats too.  

This is a pic taken from my mom's backyard a few blocks away earlier this week. 

145125374_4191633804197859_2100450514021135319_n.jpg

8 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

Peanuts! Raw, in the shell. Unsalted. They like cat kibble too, but they love peanuts. Possums too. 

Tell you what... by next Friday if some of this snow lets up, I will leave out a small cup of unsalted, in the shell peanuts.  I am willing to bet that they go after the neighbor's garbage.   They have gotten so adept at claiming their twice a week meal that I have watched them get together to push the pail over to knock it down and then they feast.  It's worse in the summer time because then we get the seagulls swarming in for leftovers.