• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic sales ads that make you laugh/cry
2 2

69 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

Possum and bunny rabbits and ducks and hawks. 

The possum will hiss at worst.

The ducks are absolute fun as they will take a stroll through the neighborhood in the spring time.  Like... for real... They will just take a walk down the block with their mate. 

The bunny rabbits are adorable.  Last summer I kind of adopted one and had no problem letting him eat out of my garden.  It was nice to see him walk over and take a few things as I would look out the office window.  I would even leave a few things out there that I was not growing but would pick up at the store. 

The hawks killed my bunny rabbit and ripped his face off.  The rabbit is now buried at the side of the garage. 

The hawks have been known to go after small dogs and cats too.  

This is a pic taken from my mom's backyard a few blocks away earlier this week. 

145125374_4191633804197859_2100450514021135319_n.jpg

Thankfully, I've only had one hawk, a fiarly large one, that hunted in my yard for a few days. He killed two squirrels over a few days (that I saw). By the time I saw either event it was to late, he already had the squirrel in his talons, jumping up and down on him on the ground, and then flew away with him before I could even get to the door, not that I probably would have interfered. Part of the food chain, they have to eat too. 

5 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

Thankfully, I've only had one hawk, a fiarly large one, that hunted in my yard for a few days. He killed two squirrels over a few days (that I saw). By the time I saw either event it was to late, he already had the squirrel in his talons, jumping up and down on him on the ground, and then flew away with him before I could even get to the door, not that I probably would have interfered. Part of the food chain, they have to eat too. 

If I had a fair chance I would have interfered with the rabbit.  The rabbit had started to become accustomed to me being there so during the summer if I was grilling it would come out from behind the garage and check out what was going on.    I really liked the rabbits... It was like Tony Soprano watching the ducks.   I also have to say, I love it when the ducks take a walk down the block. 

We have squirrels all over the place though and are so common that you stop noticing them. 

I think my wake up call - come to Jesus moment was when I moved in here and was in my driveway when a dead mouse fell from the sky.   I had a WTF moment right then and there.  At this point though nothing really phases me. 

Edited by Buzzetta

25 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I live two blocks away from the preserve.   I see enough raccoons. 

I see my fair share, too.  I catch them and take them to Lake Carmi, to enhance the campers wildlife experience.  

raccoon pics 2020 002.JPG

Edited by comicdonna

1 minute ago, comicdonna said:

I see my fair share, too.  I catch them and take them to Lake Carmi, to enhance the campers wildlife experience.  

lol at the look on their faces... 

One is looking at you with a, "you mother blanker ... I'm gonna get out of this cage and then Im gonna..."

The other has a relaxed look on his face with an expression that says, "soon". 

41 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

cfd5e7c86a3672173dd6763f-1.thumb.jpg.2ced7d59ffa5d8fa0a1a5557a28af153.jpg

So whats ol' Vlad supposed to sleep on now!?

5 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

tumblr_inline_ovqcxih3KP1rubti7_540.jpg.94fb95466c6a3f776f2346a0fdaa9206.jpg

The real question is, " If I own a piece of Transylvanian soil,  can I fill out the forms to be a Lord?"     hm

I wouldn't...it really sucks!

On 2/7/2021 at 12:29 PM, Buzzetta said:

Possum and bunny rabbits and ducks and hawks. 

The possum will hiss at worst.

The ducks are absolute fun as they will take a stroll through the neighborhood in the spring time.  Like... for real... They will just take a walk down the block with their mate. 

The bunny rabbits are adorable.  Last summer I kind of adopted one and had no problem letting him eat out of my garden.  It was nice to see him walk over and take a few things as I would look out the office window.  I would even leave a few things out there that I was not growing but would pick up at the store. 

The hawks killed my bunny rabbit and ripped his face off.  The rabbit is now buried at the side of the garage. 

The hawks have been known to go after small dogs and cats too.  

This is a pic taken from my mom's backyard a few blocks away earlier this week. 

145125374_4191633804197859_2100450514021135319_n.jpg

While working at home, a lovely young hawk decided to tear apart a male sparrow on my pine tree. Leaving a mess of feathers all over the back and giving me a lovely view of his meal. We have a falcon that loves to eat here as well. Not sure if there is a sign in bird language that says outdoor dining here. :facepalm:

On 2/7/2021 at 12:42 PM, comicdonna said:

Twins!!! Wait a minute. I think I now those two from the union meetings! Bandit 267881 and Bandit 267882 if I'm not mistaken. Give them my best and tell them their dues have been waived this year because of C-19. 

On 2/7/2021 at 7:15 PM, s-man said:

So whats ol' Vlad supposed to sleep on now!?

Ahem... 

Spoiler

Around ten years ago, I bought a couple of baseballs from Steiner sports and was offered a free baseball display case or dirt from the mound from the original stadium. ... I went with dirt from the mound.

63459991077__D258F252-A9EA-4418-913C-2C61B6B42272.jpeg

4 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Ahem... 

Hide contents

Around ten years ago, I bought a couple of baseballs from Steiner sports and was offered a free baseball display case or dirt from the mound from the original stadium. ... I went with dirt from the mound.

63459991077__D258F252-A9EA-4418-913C-2C61B6B42272.jpeg

That looks like choice little parcel of real estate with unlimited development potential you have there. (thumbsu

9 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

That looks like choice little parcel of real estate with unlimited development potential you have there. (thumbsu

I am thinking of contacting Rally Road and seeing if we can offer 1,000 shares of this little disc of dirt for $150 each.

2 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

I am thinking of contacting Rally Road and seeing if we can offer 1,000 shares of this little disc of dirt for $150 each.

I think you really should. Preferably through email so we can see the typed out response.  :baiting:

2 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Look at the post immediately above. You're on point. You already have suc...... er'.... I mean, potential investors exhibiting strong interest right here on the forum! :gossip: