• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I never make outside deals!

48 posts in this topic

Well let me explain about title, I were check out this item and its have "submit offer" so I give the offer, the seller e-mail me and say that he will accept the offer, I know its a little unusual that he didn't put in "accept," so I ask about it he say that he trying to avoid to pay FVF and want me to pay via paypal, I was going to him down this morning but he decline the offer and say the offer is too low, now I thinking to put him on my bidding block, don't get me wrong I did business with him before, he use to bid/buy items from me and pay quickly by paypal, the reason why I don't want to do business with him because of his business ethics.

Well let me explain about title, I were check out this item and its have "submit offer" so I give the offer, the seller e-mail me and say that he will accept the offer, I know its a little unusual that he didn't put in "accept," so I ask about it he say that he trying to avoid to pay FVF and want me to pay via paypal, I was going to him down this morning but he decline the offer and say the offer is too low, now I thinking to put him on my bidding block, don't get me wrong I did business with him before, he use to bid/buy items from me and pay quickly by paypal, the reason why I don't want to do business with him because of his business ethics.

Somebody swiped a bunch of words from your post.

893naughty-thumb.gif be nice grin.gif

And almost all the periods too... blush.gif

And almost all the periods too... blush.gif

sign-funnypost.gifsign-funnypost.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif Hmmm, I was thinking those exact same things!

Oliver - that's me he is talking about guys and because we have had successful deals before, I felt confident dealing directly with you. You have my email address. My phone number you can have anytime. I don't know why you are upset. Sorry if I'm avoiding ebay fees on this one but I meant what I said - you offered me $25 and I OK'd it with you. I just didn't feel the need to give ebay their cut on this one so I put the too low reason on the ebay decline offer response.

I just think this is a misunderstanding and miscommunication and am willing to go forward with the deal as hoped 893crossfingers-thumb.gif PM me here or call me, email me - I'm willing to work things out as you had offered $25 for the Avengeers book I had up and $3 media mail or $5 priority - it's up to you. Sorry for the confusion.

I know I'm going to catch hell for this but let me give a little of the background.

I posted a $45 BIN in my store for an avengers cgc 7.5 price variant. Oliver who I've bought comics from before and sold to before with no problems whatsoever makes an offer. I tell him that it's all good and that I'll just cancel the listing and sell it to him outright for the $25 offer but off ebay. I have to cancel the listing and so I give the "Offer too low" reason but I neglected to tell Oliver that was what I was going to do exactly. I was hoping that he'd understand but I guess he didn't. Now he comes on here with this post.

So now i'm avoiding eBay fees foreheadslap.gif Another reason I agreed to this $25 offer down from $45 was because of past good history with this guy. why let ebay have another $2.50 from this deal when no one else showed any interest in the item at that $45 price...

Actually, yeah, I was surprised too? I'm wondering if folks just have communication problems in trying to get their message across when typing?

We just live life too fast sometimes, I take my familiarity with my customers and colleagues for granted.

The way I treat people from this forum or frequent ebay buyers/sellers is the same way I'd treat my friends. It's like hooking up a forumite with free shipping or an extra book that I know he needs from his buying pattern. Or adding onto an order because the buyer asked if I had that book too.

I put up my $45 price based on what I paid for the book plus the $22 onsite grading fee and was still coming out at a loss I was willing to accept. I only accepted the $25 offer from Oliver because he has won stuff from me in the past. I've always gotten the books to him in a day or two because of how close we live to each other (next state over).

Maybe the ebay decline offer message hit him the wrong way early in the morning...

I know I'm going to catch hell for this but let me give a little of the background.

I posted a $45 BIN in my store for an avengers cgc 7.5 price variant. Oliver who I've bought comics from before and sold to before with no problems whatsoever makes an offer. I tell him that it's all good and that I'll just cancel the listing and sell it to him outright for the $25 offer but off ebay. I have to cancel the listing and so I give the "Offer too low" reason but I neglected to tell Oliver that was what I was going to do exactly. I was hoping that he'd understand but I guess he didn't. Now he comes on here with this post.

So now i'm avoiding eBay fees foreheadslap.gif Another reason I agreed to this $25 offer down from $45 was because of past good history with this guy. why let ebay have another $2.50 from this deal when no one else showed any interest in the item at that $45 price...

If you're dealing with your past customer and you're giving him a greater discount than you'd give to another customer you don't know, I don't see a problem with it. I think I sold drummy my FF#13 that way when he saw it on ebay.

DIESEL...very weird that he didn't just contact you directly before coming here, especially since you've done plenty of business before. But then again, by the looks of his post perhaps he was incredibly drunk at the time and just not thinking clearly!

Maybe the OP just wanted to gauge in general how other comic buyers felt about this unethical behavior, regardless as to who the seller was?

Dont even know why this is even an issue foreheadslap.gif