• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GL/GA 76 9.4

39 posts in this topic

I'd like to see a better, fuller scan. The cut looks a little off. I don't usually complain about these things, but for $4k I'd want a nice looker.

That said though, takeit.gif

Is this copy a newly graded 9.4 from CGC, or is this one of the earlier 9.4 copies sold off by Jason through one of his big dollar auctions? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

blush.gifblush.gif I didn't think it was the same book.

But when I saw the "freed from the slab" quote it seemed like you were imlpying that you poped it out from a 9.0 slab. Anyway......thats what I get for not reading the thead.

sorry.gif

This book has really gone up alot in value especially in really high grade. Before CGC came along you could get a near mint copy for double guide and now the price is going into the stratosphere! Compared to their Marvel counterparts there aren't that many 9.4 and above copies of Green Lantern #76 and other DC keys from the same time period. Guess it would be a good idea for me to pick up a CGC 9.2 copy of this book before the asking price goes insane!

If you mean that a few years ago, you could have gotten a "dealer NM" that was really a 8.5 to 9.0 for double guide, then I agree with you..

true, but half the =time that dealer NM just might HAVE BEEN a CGC NM. There wasnt a difference in price back then, or maybe a 10% bump above the VF-type dealer NMs

A good friend of mine bought a Green Lantern 76 in NM condition for double guide, quite a few years ago from a mail order dealer and he had it CGCed and it came back a 9.4!!! So he got really lucky cause most of the time this dealer was overgrading his books! So when he sells his 9.4 he could be making a killing if he sells his book and gets an insane price for it, like the copy that just sold on Ebay! I still think that $1200 for a CGC 9.2 Green Lantern #76 is within reason for a such a key DC book with an incredible Adams cover!

This does not have just an incredible Adams cover it also has incredible Adams artwork as well, it was also the first issue of the award winning series written by Denny O'Neil AND is considered by the majority of collectors as the book that started the Bronze Age. I remember looking at the Pacific Coast 9.4 copy on the Heritage site thinking that on another day that copy could get a 9.6. When the bidding went over $3,000 i thought to myself, no too much. Boy looking back i wish i had pulled the trigger now because the price on that book has nowhere to go but up. foreheadslap.gif

Any way you slice it, it was a great run. I picked up my first copy of G.L. #76 for a $1.50 at Atomic Comics in Phoenix in 1992 (Fine condition, I just wasn't a DC collector in the 70's).

I think I sold it at a con a few years later and I do remember handing it over to the buyer and being verklempt.

Pardon me, talk amongst yourself....

Sean

Any way you slice it, it was a great run. I picked up my first copy of G.L. #76 for a $1.50 at Atomic Comics in Phoenix in 1992 (Fine condition, I just wasn't a DC collector in the 70's).

I think I sold it at a con a few years later and I do remember handing it over to the buyer and being verklempt.

Pardon me, talk amongst yourself....

Sean

27_laughing.gif I loved that SNL Skit by Mike Myers - hands down best episode is when Maddona guest stars on Coffee Talk 36_11_6.gif