• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Classic Threads in CGC Forum History
5 5

120 posts in this topic

Nothing will ever top the “Neeley” incident (for me) as it unfolded live and unmoderated. A scam artist, “the wife,” a brutal stabbing....and prison time.

Edited by CAHokie
Spelling

So uhhhh.... 

As long as we are sorting through the 'locked threads' to take this walk down memory lane, I was thinking... 

You could always unleash the Kracken and restore some of the poofed ones.  I mean lock em... but un poof... just for the giggles. 

:wishluck:

33 minutes ago, CAHokie said:

Nothing will ever top the “Neeley” incident (for me) as it unfolded live and unmoderated. A scam artist, “the wife,” a brutal stabbing....and prison time.

I don't think this is the better one that you're describing.  I think that one disappeared. 

3 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

I don't think this is the better one that you're describing.  I think that one disappeared. 

Thats the same guy for sure. And for clarification, I’m not saying it was a good thread (tragic actually), but one that sticks with me.  It started off as a bit of fun catching a scammer, then the classic “‘I’m the wife comments, but ending horribly.

46 minutes ago, Gaard said:

Way before my time, but I remember hearing about a member of these boards stealing another member's wife. Was there a thread about that?

The guy who did the stealing is still here under a different id.  Arch banned the topic.  His exact words were "Let it go"