• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Classic Threads in CGC Forum History
5 5

120 posts in this topic

On 2/16/2022 at 6:16 AM, Sweedy said:

Ah yes. The photo mysteriously removed of all the resto gear Beerbohm had been denying he had ever heard of, much less had in his inventory, the tell tale shading of Hawkman's arms. I remember it like it was yesterday. Another photo that went missing was one of them smoking cigars over the books, and drinking liquor, using the books as coasters. That got some people in quite a tizzy. 

To finish it off, Jean Bails, Jerry's Widow, publicly posted asking that people not boycott Bob, as doing so would hurt her most, as he still owed her money from the art deal, a straight handover/all paid deal from many years before. This was not a good sign for anyone, and beyond most of our capabilities to help. I hope she found that guidance she needed to sue the fraudster. 

On 2/16/2022 at 3:50 AM, telerites said:

@Buzzetta@DR.X I was thinking of CapFreak but I do now remember the pjkid picture.  

I think the other one I was thinking of was Muscleshark - does that sound right? I think that goes back to 07 or 08 - it was soon after I joined I believe.

Muscleshark was pure bad news

On 2/16/2022 at 9:32 PM, thehumantorch said:

Muscleshark was pure bad news

Yeah, he was poisonous, Dave.  I went back and found the HOS thread.  I think the reason I thought he had monster in his name was his Dr. Frankenstein iteration.  He was also Waldo-Johnson which I had forgotten.  I liked how Robert @crassus noted FDQ on his HOS entry.

If anyone is interested -

Edited by telerites

On 2/17/2022 at 8:21 AM, telerites said:

Yeah, he was poisonous, Dave.  I went back and found the HOS thread.  I think the reason I thought he had monster in his name was his Dr. Frankenstein iteration.  He was also Waldo-Johnson which I had forgotten.  I liked how Robert @crassus noted FDQ on his HOS entry.

can't take credit,...before my time....I'm a 2012 baby....on the bright side I just realized I'll be turning 10 soon!

On 2/17/2022 at 9:39 AM, crassus said:

can't take credit,...before my time....I'm a 2012 baby....on the bright side I just realized I'll be turning 10 soon!

2012 was a good year :smile:

Oh and that PM you sent a while back with some advice, we did go that route - this is the first week.  It has been hard but I do think it is best.  

Thanks again.

Edited by telerites

On 2/17/2022 at 8:21 AM, telerites said:

WOOHOO :banana: my legacy lives on....old fart i am now :cheers:

Those were fun times !!! lol 

Anyone else remember the duo that restored GA and maybe SA books, but with an end result that was apparently like they were lacquered, and CGC eventually said they wouldn't grade their books anymore. The woman had posted their work here a few times and taken questions and whatnot, and the duo didn't take the effective banning well, suing CGC. 

Anyone remember names or the thread/s in question? 

On 2/22/2022 at 11:26 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Cheers Blowie, you legend! 

On 2/22/2022 at 11:26 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

And here's where it all started, with the auctioning of a 'Tec 33 9.4 Purple Label. Still an interesting read. 

On 2/15/2022 at 9:17 PM, DR.X said:

And two for the road. There was some talk about that Creme Brulee?

Cap Freak quote " Just try and stop me from posting, just try. ". LOL. We need Oakman in here to tell the whole story.

cap freak.webp

capfreak 3.webp

I wonder what happened to that kid? He used to help his mom at a local flea market. He would come by my booth and buy comics. He seemed like a cool kid and I would give him good deals to encourage him. I was a bit suprised to see what went down later. I used to be such a bad judge of character…