• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How many modern comics do you buy/read each month?

How Many Moderns do you buy/read each month?  

396 members have voted

1. 1. How Many Moderns do you buy/read each month?

56 posts in this topic

Steve:

25 comics a week? that's addict level. I'll soon be starting comics anonymous for guys like you.

Yeah but I bet Steve gets to write those off as a business expense. tongue.gif We should be so lucky.

I wish, my accountant told me that's not something I can write off because it is not my own business.

William from demolition comics gives me a nice discount though....great guy, great site, and the site goes to many countries because it is in so many languages. Great for the hobby!

Hi.

I'm Steve.

I am powerless over comic books.

Thanks for letting me share.

Keep coming back.

The program works if you work it.

:

:

Sounds like someone is familiar with the program. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Some of my best friends............

Hi.

I'm Steve.

I am powerless over comic books.

Thanks for letting me share.

Keep coming back.

The program works if you work it.

:

:

Sounds like someone is familiar with the program. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Some of my best friends............

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

I'm ultra insane....

200 - 300 new a month....anything by DC or Marvel really and a handful of independants....

usually buy 50 - 100 back issues a month on top...

need a bigger house laugh.gif

Cheers,

what in the world do you do for a living? cash checks?

I think you need to find a new accountant.

Ask them what 1+1=?

I actually think that they could qualify under non reimbursed employee business expenses, but the threshold is pretty high.

above 2% of AGI. That's what I would argue too. Call it "research". insane.gif

I'm ultra insane....

200 - 300 new a month....anything by DC or Marvel really and a handful of independants....

usually buy 50 - 100 back issues a month on top...

need a bigger house laugh.gif

Cheers,

did you ever thought on buying the titles you collect 2 or 3 months after their release?! 893whatthe.gifconfused.gif

you might end up saving (at least) 500$ a month...

foreheadslap.gifwink.gif

regards

what in the world do you do for a living? cash checks?

Unfortunately i work in IT frown.gif

did you ever thought on buying the titles you collect 2 or 3 months after their release?!

you might end up saving (at least) 500$ a month...

well i wish it was that easy in the UK...

theres only 1 comic shop where i live ( only one within 100 mile radius ) and they concentrate more on toys and other related [embarrassing lack of self control] than back issues....

That and the fact back issues arent discounted in the UK...thats why i get all my monthlies via the web and save 25 - 50% on US cover price anyway...

We're ripped off big time in the UK so i actually save about $ 500 a month anyway.... 893whatthe.gif

Cheers,

This was easy for me...0

I just can't get into the modern art. The Hulk I know and love is from the 70's as is most of my favorite characters. I like SA books as well, but the only modern books I've bought were the Halloween books by Chaos.

Unfortunately, I'm at about 80 titles a month. I really need to cut down (afraid it's higher than that because I buy, at a minimum, 20 new books every week). It's probably closer to 90-100. Oi.

Pat

100 books/mo. x $3 (approx.)/book = $300/mo. 893whatthe.gif