• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Downside to transparency around timeline changes and price changes...

47 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, ShiningCollectibles said:

I hope your right but really it scares me if prices are already going over Beckett. 

The prices going over Beckett won't be an issue in about a week and a half when Beckett almost doubles their pricing on lower tier submissions in an effort to temporarily lower submissions and work through their backlog. CGC will be MUCH cheaper than the new beckett pricing that is about to start up.

17 minutes ago, dagwood jr. said:

That's supply and demand, friend. When I order a Big Mac during rush lunch hour, I want that sucker made exactly the way I like it and in a speedy fashion. Does that always happen? Hell no. And to expect that services in this world stay linear is looney to me but to each their own.

It isn't Rush hour nor would I go to Mcdonalds during Rush Hour. I would find another store :P

4 minutes ago, sellerservicescorp said:

The prices going over Beckett won't be an issue in about a week and a half when Beckett almost doubles their pricing on lower tier submissions in an effort to temporarily lower submissions and work through their backlog. CGC will be MUCH cheaper than the new beckett pricing that is about to start up.

I agree, I just don't want them to turn into PSA and Beckett... That is why I switched to them. 

For me personally, comparing CGC to the competition doesn’t make as much sense as comparing them to themselves. Before you could pay less money and get your cards faster. Now you pay more money and get your cards slower. Does that make you more or less likely to submit with them? Many customers or potential customers will see the price point and the wait time and decide to not grade their cards at all. I’m about at that point. I put cards in the mail and was told a 30 business day turnaround time. That was in November and now it is February and my cards are still sitting in received. Now you are telling me it will take 2 times as long and I will have to pay more for the grading. Am I less or more likely to use them in the future. 

1 hour ago, ShiningCollectibles said:

Or maybe they grade for their own personal collection and aren't a greedy scalper/flipper and the more it costs them the grade the less they want to grade. I've been collecting since 1999. I have a collection of about 100,000 USD. I like receiving my cards back in a timely manner. Meaning if I pay for a estimation of 30 days I expect it to be around that. But maybe I am looney lol!

Either looney or incapable of being rational. How many times do people have to tell you that its a sellers market and not a buyers market? Its not McDonalds to where there is a burger place on every street corner. There are only X amount of grading companies and all of them including BCW (the 1 guy company) are being slammed. 

And LOL "Im going to go somewhere else next time!", yeah let me know what grading company is quicker with similar resale and Ill wait. Ill wait for this magical place that does not exist. 

2 hours ago, ShiningCollectibles said:

It isn't Rush hour nor would I go to Mcdonalds during Rush Hour. I would find another store :P

You're missing the point. You can't have your cake and eat it too. Also, many of us have already pointed out that unlike McD, you don't have millions of other options when it comes to grading. And because there's a low number of companies who grade, with extremely high demand it's inevitable EVERY company will be backed up.

It's always the buyers market 🤣 I mean you might like getting increasing on cards and shipping extensions but I don't. What's next 20-30 per bulk when the stimulus hits? When does it stop? I don't like the thought of it. But I mean hey if you don't mind it happening more and more. I mean I just wanted to say something about it now before it got worse.

Edited by ShiningCollectibles