• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The KEEPER Thread.
11 11

335 posts in this topic

On 12/17/2021 at 2:46 AM, Sauce Dog said:

Was going to wait until this book was back in my hands before posting, but how could I hold out. Just finished up at CGC and now waiting at the conservation expert's office.

This is my absolute grail of all golden age superhero books, and I was very lucky to buy this one a few years ago as a CGC 1.8. This one is staying with me forever (unless of course I magically jump up a dozen pay grades and can afford a high grade copy!) so I knew I better make sure it could last for the long haul.

It originally, a CGC 1.8, had a completely split and detached cover with a decent amount of tape on it, so once I saw that it was shifting around in the case (yikes CGC!!) I knew it deserved work to keep it structurally solid for the lifetime to come. Very happy with the grade bump it got after the fantastic work done by Phantom Restoration.

266041350_229889799260367_4935816145018889952_n.thumb.jpg.a33a8cdd7e2497a99536b539f775a8a1.jpg

Congrats.  :applause:

On 12/16/2021 at 9:46 PM, Sauce Dog said:

Was going to wait until this book was back in my hands before posting, but how could I hold out. Just finished up at CGC and now waiting at the conservation expert's office.

This is my absolute grail of all golden age superhero books, and I was very lucky to buy this one a few years ago as a CGC 1.8. This one is staying with me forever (unless of course I magically jump up a dozen pay grades and can afford a high grade copy!) so I knew I better make sure it could last for the long haul.

It originally, a CGC 1.8, had a completely split and detached cover with a decent amount of tape on it, so once I saw that it was shifting around in the case (yikes CGC!!) I knew it deserved work to keep it structurally solid for the lifetime to come. Very happy with the grade bump it got after the fantastic work done by Phantom Restoration.

266041350_229889799260367_4935816145018889952_n.thumb.jpg.a33a8cdd7e2497a99536b539f775a8a1.jpg

Are you... me??? I also sent a copy of this book to Phantom Restoration that had a completely split and detached cover! What are the odds?

On 12/17/2021 at 8:41 PM, 10centcomics said:

Are you... me??? I also sent a copy of this book to Phantom Restoration that had a completely split and detached cover! What are the odds?

Nice - would love to see how that one turns out. I can count on one hand the amount of times I've seen this book come up for sale in the last decade, so it's always nice to find another new one to compare with.

My previous 2 undercopies of this book have now sadly been sold.

The good news being that the money financed the purchase of this book in full, with a decent amount left over. :D

This book is hot in terms of exponential growth, but that's not why I love it.

This won't be going anywhere unless I upgrade again.

grthtyjt.jpg

hty7h67.jpg

On 3/11/2022 at 7:45 PM, Nic8612 said:

Snagged this on eBay. Unless I stumble across an affordable low grade copy that looks better than this, it's here to stay. Don't have it in hand yet, so I'm still not sure how it's graded so low

Screenshot_20220311-144235-282.png.763c643b1b25a0ebe916acccaeaf668e.png

Books get absolutely slammed for Brittle pages, that'll be it.