• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Taking to long

85 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, mattyzeepgam said:

MBA's are a joke now a days. I have a buddy who got one and he told me that business school is just a way to party with people who had corporate desk jobs. This is not the 80s anymore to where going to business school meant something. Anyone can go on the internet and get an MBA providing they fork over a ton of money, which is easy since you just take out student loans and further put yourself further on the hamster wheel.

I could write a whole book about why everyone this guy says is just completely wrong but its just a waste of time. Waste of energy on someone who just has no regard for anything but themselves.

Brutal.

10 minutes ago, mattyzeepgam said:

I think at this point your either a troll or just a narcissist. In your world, only consumers exist. Nobody makes anything, nobody sells anything, nobody outsources salesforces, it just all magically appears. Im sorry that you have the worldview of a child but that just isnt normal man.

My view is just one of those that see's the consumers are the ones with money. In most businesses you learn the consumer is right but in you mind the consumer is never right. In your mind it is "OKAY" to lie to the consumer. I don't think a business would be able to make a lot with that logic. And a MBA sets you apart from someone with no drive to do anything. It is more about whether or not your capable of doing it. The "Lazy" people justify that going to college is horrible when in actuality they work the same 8-3 job making 8-15 bucks a hour. Which means you need at least two people working full times jobs 40-80 hours a week to pay rent and get anywhere in our economy. I mean if you have a Pokemon side hustle that sounds great. But if you have a MBA and are making a "Salary" You do not need to rely on other people and can actually enjoy the hobby instead of being a slave to it. The hype will go down in a year or two. 

Edited by ShiningCollectibles

2 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

Brutal.

Truth lol. I have a graduate school certificate that set me back 60-70k. Part of it was done online and was pretty easy to do considering the program accepted almost anyone. Biggest waste of money ever. Degrees outside of the ones required for professional fields are pretty pointless.

3 minutes ago, ShiningCollectibles said:

My view is just one of those that see's the consumers are the ones with money. In most businesses you learn the consumer is right but in you mind the consumer is never right. In your mind it is "OKAY" to lie to the consumer. I don't think a business would be able to make a lot with that logic.

In your world, things just happen and thats that. You dont have the ability to think beyond that. At your desk job they just tell you to do your work and dont go beyond that. Its not shocking that you dont have critical thinking skills.

2 minutes ago, mattyzeepgam said:

In your world, things just happen and thats that. You dont have the ability to think beyond that. At your desk job they just tell you to do your work and dont go beyond that. Its not shocking that you dont have critical thinking skills.

I mean my collection is about 200k+ I don't need to sell cards for extra money. Nor do I sit behind a desk lol! But once again you are making a thread about (Business Lies) Go about how you think / feel about me personally. 

1 hour ago, ShiningCollectibles said:

Cause I care about my cards... I don't want someone holding onto them for 3 months though +  with no updates. Makes me think their lost. When I am expecting a month or less.

They aren't lost.  They're delayed because demand is high and the grading companies can't keep up.  We've had this problem getting comics graded for years.

It's frustrating when this takes longer than expected but ultimately what's important is getting them graded accurately by a reputable company.  Do your best to relax.

3 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

They aren't lost.  They're delayed because demand is high and the grading companies can't keep up.  We've had this problem getting comics graded for years.

It's frustrating when this takes longer than expected but ultimately what's important is getting them graded accurately by a reputable company.  Do your best to relax.

Best Comment!

3 minutes ago, ShiningCollectibles said:

Best Comment!

I have a submission of comics in right now.  Probably a six month wait.  You can complain but it won't change a thing.  Your hobby is booming, prices are spiking, and demand is growing and it's tough to find, train, and keep graders.   Life is too short to lose sleep over this and it's too short to argue with random guys on the internet.  

1 minute ago, thehumantorch said:

I have a submission of comics in right now.  Probably a six month wait.  You can complain but it won't change a thing.  Your hobby is booming, prices are spiking, and demand is growing and it's tough to find, train, and keep graders.   Life is too short to lose sleep over this and it's too short to argue with random guys on the internet.  

Sorry, Just wanted some assurance that my stuff was going to be okay. I have been pretty worried with all the changes. Yes, I know Pokémon is up top right now but there should be more communication. 

Just now, ShiningCollectibles said:

Sorry, Just wanted some assurance that my stuff was going to be okay. 

There's always a risk when you send off any collectible to get graded but you sent them to a company with a good reputation.  The reason waiting times are increasing is the boom in the hobby and the quality of the grading company.  Relax knowing they'll eventually come back and the wait will be worth it.

2 hours ago, Jeffro. said:

Do you realize how many people have said something to that effect on this message boards over the years? It's not going to change. CGC has no incentive to change because people keep submitting. People bitch and moan all the time about TaT and then turn right around and keep submitting. It's comical 

The difference is CGC is the gold standard for comic grading and has been since day one. Cards... not so much.

8 minutes ago, Mephisto said:

The difference is CGC is the gold standard for comic grading and has been since day one. Cards... not so much.

CGC has been grading cards for not even a year yet their resale values are on the same level as BGS. For a company that got into a market not that long ago, its impressive. Alot of people dont seem to know what they really expect. Was there some realistic expectation that CGC was going to overtake PSA overnight? Since you would have to be in a dream world to think that.

But yeah, these people arent going anywhere. They will complain, submit, complain some more, submit, rinse, repeat. And they are in the minority of people since you have like 1000s of people submitting who never say anything. Lots of people are normal in that they make a submission and just wait for it to return without ranting on the internet. Many people are living in reality and know that its a business with scarce resources and its a waiting game. It is what it is and no amount of whining is going to magically speed things up.

6 hours ago, PaulS. said:

I'm sorry, I promise the graders are working as hard as they can. You can certainly still upgrade your order and get it back faster by contacting customer service. 1-877-NM-COMIC

Paul

Items received before the turnaround times were updated should've been returned at the turnaround times stated during their submissions.

5 hours ago, mattyzeepgam said:

Dude, your the only one on here complaining. I resell cards and have no problem waiting since Im not an angry little kid crying every week about my stuff not coming back asap. Its a hot market and to act oblivious about it is just being extremely stupid. Everyones cards will come back at some point. People like yourself seriously need to learn the concept of patience. 

Idk. I think everyone has a right to react to slow TAT as they see fit, especially when the TATs were changed after many of us had already submitted. So, no, it's my money and my cards, and I can be upset about the slow TATs if I want to. So can anyone else.

45 minutes ago, Dom Fonce said:

Idk. I think everyone has a right to react to slow TAT as they see fit, especially when the TATs were changed after many of us had already submitted. So, no, it's my money and my cards, and I can be upset about the slow TATs if I want to. So can anyone else.

No offense but if your legit mad about when your Pokemon cards come back from grading (especially when your not a reseller), you have some bigger issues on your hands. It takes alot for me to get legit upset. Issues involving TATs with Pokemon cards is probably bottom 5 things on this planet that bother me. And I need the cards back asap to send to an auction house for resale to pay bills. Mind you, I have more at stake than people who grade them just to store them in a closet and Im not losing my mind over it.

1 hour ago, mattyzeepgam said:

No offense but if your legit mad about when your Pokemon cards come back from grading (especially when your not a reseller), you have some bigger issues on your hands. It takes alot for me to get legit upset. Issues involving TATs with Pokemon cards is probably bottom 5 things on this planet that bother me. And I need the cards back asap to send to an auction house for resale to pay bills. Mind you, I have more at stake than people who grade them just to store them in a closet and Im not losing my mind over it.

Yes, there are bigger fish to fry in the universe, but it must be frustrating for people to submit cards and base their wait expectation on cgc’s estimates only to have that wait time increased repeatedly.  

And if this is your first time submitting and your cards have significant value and you don’t understand the process or the increased volume the grading companies are experiencing you might be very worried.