• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Could it be that Fantastic Four 6 is finally hot?
3 3

29 posts in this topic

For a decade this book hasn't moved much, at least not in low-mid grades (maybe it didn't move much in higher grades, but I don't know). 

But low and behold, one just sold for exactly double guide. I'm wondering if any of you are seeing this interest elsewhere or if this is just some random bidding war fluke we won't see repeated.

image.thumb.png.7a8e9fcefab859696c3c3138869452f0.png

https://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/fantastic-four-6-marvel-1962-cgc-vg-35-cream-to-off-white-pages/a/122107-15297.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

GPA has three 3.5's selling in 2021, all yesterday (the HA copy is the second one in the list):

image.thumb.png.e7eed3f1f14b4836dc5147f4a7b9a053.png

The big jump happened back on Oct 24, 2020 

image.thumb.png.f6bf0b3b0bac8206b9e7a73771bf8933.png

Funny how the same books keep getting bought and sold (even for a small loss), almost like someone was trying to get a price point set in these valuation services. Wonder what GoCollect says?

-bc

Edited by bc

gocollect needs to work on their lag with capturing sales, it's bad sometimes. I dropped GPA and use gocollect exclusively now, so their lag can create blind spots...

I'm seeing a lot of record prices being set by HA lately, in conjunction with lots of chatter about tomfoolery with holes in their policies being abused (bidder fraud). I can't help but wonder if their linked, and find myself questioning just HOW rampant the situation is...

7 minutes ago, PKJ said:

It is a great book, I think most of the first 12 FF are bargain priced compared to other runs.

The 4.0 on CL is already at $700.

Yeah, FF10 has been a crazy bargain for the past 10 years, even though it's as rare as any of the others. Wondering how long that will last.

21 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

gocollect needs to work on their lag with capturing sales, it's bad sometimes. I dropped GPA and use gocollect exclusively now, so their lag can create blind spots...

I'm seeing a lot of record prices being set by HA lately, in conjunction with lots of chatter about tomfoolery with holes in their policies being abused (bidder fraud). I can't help but wonder if their linked, and find myself questioning just HOW rampant the situation is...

I can't speak for most of the record prices, but I can confirm that the record price for the 7.5 Blue Beetle 1 on Heritage yesterday was indeed legit since I'm the one who bought it. And I didn't mind paying that since I just placed a price I felt the book was worth, without looking at what it sold for in the past.

Edited by William-James88

6 minutes ago, William-James88 said:

Yeah, FF10 has been a crazy bargain for the past 10 years, even though it's as rare as any of the others. Wondering how long that will last.

I can't speak for most of the record prices, but I can confirm that the record price for the 7.5 Blue Beetle 1 on Heritage yesterday was indeed legit since I'm the one who bought it. And I didn't mind paying that since I just placed a price I felt the book was worth, without looking at what it sold for in the past.

If you mention FF10 in the "Silver age comics that are heating up" or any of the other prediction threads, bet the price goes up :)

-bc

16 minutes ago, William-James88 said:

MANY years ago, I picked up a collection that must have had 30 or so copies of Blue Beetle 1 along with about that many copies of Monster Hunters 1. Most of them were low to mid grade, so I picked out the three best copies of each and threw the rest away because I couldn't give them away at the time. Those copies are long gone as well, part of the big downsizing I did before an interstate move.

Yes, I kick myself every time I see what they are currently selling for.

-bc

3 hours ago, Callaway29 said:

yeah i know of a bunch of different sales of books from months ago that gocollect is missing. reached out to them, no response. i too ditched gpa and now have to reconsider. 

as far as ff6, all books are hot this year. 

To add fuel to this fire, I bought a solid 1.8 raw copy recently (posted pics in the PGM forum a few weeks ago) and I paid $200 for it. Knew I would never see another (locally) and some realllll rough looking copies (way worse than the one I found) were selling for $300+ so I figured it was a solid price for a great early FF book.