• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Movie or tv show you should watch at least once
3 3

951 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, Capn17 said:

Some love for Flash... ahhhhhhh...

See the source image

FLASH GORDON? ALIVE?

he saved every one of us!

This was very well cast, Sydow as Ming with Dale Arden and Princess Aura! :whee:

4 hours ago, Bird said:

I took the thread title as "hey, here is one I know about and enjoyed that you should watch" more than "let's list all the movies everyone should watch" but it is subjective.

I will think of one now since I am here...hold on a sec...:preach:

harold-and-maude-movie-poster.jpg

There are some drop dead funny scenes here. If you only know Ruth Gordon from the Clint Eastwood ourang outan movies, you'll love her here.

2 hours ago, Bird said:

I bet you love it. It is a bit cheesy but it is a good B movie, it knows what it is and maximizes that. The one scene approaches parody, you'll know it when it happens, but it is fun. Just OVER THE TOP!

Since they were mentioned by name unintentionally, I will throw these in. 

51WGJGBJQRL.jpg.081fb789b4c49b6e964b26974660e242.jpgOverthetop.jpg.9997858ac6bb90b1271836d613f8134f.jpg

2 hours ago, vheflin said:

Roman Polonsky Polanski double feature

bitter.thumb.jpg.e4148ca34eb3ffd643007d6b282f07b0.jpg

gate.jpg.d4908dd4674882069b1985aa6b9927e4.jpg

Seen ninth gate,i agree its one of those very slow detailed movie that will stay with you for a while,it feels like there is more coming.....but no.no sequel 

Some talked about the raid movie and that dredd the story was based on it,well yeah i noticed as much as anyone,but the movie in itself is quite different in tone and in general. I really appreciatw the way they handled that movie,Karl urban is really judge dredd,you might not even recognize him at first.theres a lot of subtilités and detail to please the fan of the comics

20210320_160834.jpg

11 minutes ago, Namtak said:

Some talked about the raid movie and that dredd the story was based on it,well yeah i noticed as much as anyone,but the movie in itself is quite different in tone and in general. I really appreciatw the way they handled that movie,Karl urban is really judge dredd,you might not even recognize him at first.theres a lot of subtilités and detail to please the fan of the comics

20210320_160834.jpg

I thought the Urban version was lightyears better than the Stallone version. I hope they do another one

1 hour ago, csaag said:

I think Brazil was mentioned in the early pages.   This  is another Terry Gilliam film which was popular when it came out.

I've watched it exactly once and about all I can remember is that  I liked it.

Terry Gilliam Turns Back 'Time Bandits' – IT CAME FROM…

Two years ago I was able to track down the Criterion Collection bluray of this (think I paid $14-$17). So clear and the sound is so solid it made it feel like being a kid again at the theaters.

:applause:

40 minutes ago, Namtak said:

20210320_160834.jpg

Is that signed by Karl Urban? If so, that is very cool.

43 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Is that signed by Karl Urban? If so, that is very cool.

Yes it is,i ask nothing but he wrote i am the law.it was awesome,and his 45 min panel was fun he actes part of the movie and his experience in the interview with j,j abrahams in the star trek reeboot.a good day

Edited by Namtak