• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Would you rather own the 9.4....

96 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, ChillMan said:

I guarantee....the guys who pay millions now for Pokémon or cards will soon figure-out that Golden Age key comics are the best.

Until they realize that Stamps and Model Railroads are the OG collectible.  Then they will all flock to them, despite having no childhood connection to those.

5 hours ago, ChillMan said:

I guarantee....the guys who pay millions now for Pokémon or cards will soon figure-out that Golden Age key comics are the best.

You mean, the guys who have an emotional connection to Pokemon because it was a big part of their childhood will suddenly start caring about comics that were not a part of their childhood? :screwy:

On 3/16/2021 at 11:47 AM, Spyder! said:

You mean, the guys who have an emotional connection to Pokemon because it was a big part of their childhood will suddenly start caring about comics that were not a part of their childhood? :screwy:

Yes.  We all end-up gravitating to what's better....after initially starting with what we know and like.

On 3/16/2021 at 5:11 AM, jimbo_7071 said:

Yes, because run building and collecting keys were even higher priorities back then than they are now. (Cover art has become more and more of a focus over the years.)

The comic hobby was even less developed back then than it is now.  Not more developed.  Without pressing & cleaning....I'd guess 5 copies of MF 73 are out there that are 8.5 to 9.0, at most.  1 9.2 if they're very lucky.

On 3/10/2021 at 7:19 AM, tth2 said:

Let me see if I can get an even more Soviet-style vote:

Would you rather own ...

The Mile High Action 1

CGC 10.0 New Mutants 98

TMNT 1 autographed by Stan Lee 

Did Stan draw a spider on the cover of the TMNT?  Need to know before I decide.

4 hours ago, jimbo_7071 said:

Who gets to decide what's "better"?

If we have to debate if 200-300 existing 1938 1st Superman's is better than 20,000+ existing 1995 1st Chalizard's....we're never gonna get anywhere.

On 3/9/2021 at 7:46 PM, ChillMan said:

....All Star Comics #8, non-pedigree....that recently sold for $936K.

....Batman #1, non-pedigree, cleaned & pressed up from 9.0....that recently sold for $2.2M.

or

....More Fun Comics#73, Edgar Church....off the market; recent sale is a 4.5 for $48,333.

....For your personal enjoyment.  To hold onto and pass down....for 50 years.

Hell I'll take ANY of them since, in 50 years, I would be 120 years old. This would assure my longevity!!! 

14 minutes ago, PovertyRow said:

Hell I'll take ANY of them since, in 50 years, I would be 120 years old. This would assure my longevity!!! 

Yes.  But for right now....how about acquiring the 1st published image of Psalm 50:10 on a t-shirt.

for every animal of the forest is mine,
    and the cattle on a thousand hills.

Underrated....#1 to help sadness about pets.

Edited by ChillMan

5 minutes ago, PovertyRow said:

I know every bird in the mountains,
    and the insects in the fields are mine.

Luke 12:7

But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows.

5 hours ago, ChillMan said:

If we have to debate if 200-300 existing 1938 1st Superman's is better than 20,000+ existing 1995 1st Chalizard's....we're never gonna get anywhere.

You seem to have a complete inability to understand any perspective other than your own. That tells me that trying to debate anything with you would be a waste of time, so I'm going to disengage.