• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spidey Super Stories Thread
3 3

124 posts in this topic

On 4/12/2023 at 3:35 PM, All-Star Squadman said:

World public premiere of page I purchased this month in the year 2000. Since not sure how welcome art is I'll stop here.

image.thumb.png.4a214756e3a21e02cdb20f990e9c1348.png

These pages are awesome!!!! :applause:  PLEASE feel free to post as many as you'd like!!! I had over a dozen but sold them a little over 10 years ago, including 2 consecutive pages from issue number one!!!

On 4/13/2023 at 8:54 PM, All-Star Squadman said:

One of my favorite art pages. The inside cover to #14.  Since no Spidey and not a full splash I was told take it for $40 :)  Original Art sure was a different game back in the fall of 2000.

Spidey14ifcCAF.thumb.jpg.dc77c7918423cd93914945b0d721da8d.jpg

Nice page.  Agree, I bought all the original art I owned after 1996 and never really paid a lot for a single page.  Had I kept it and sold it today, I would have made tens of thousands of dollars, which seems incredible to me.  

I had a Ross Andru Spider-Man page that I regret selling more than selling my AF #15.  Not because it was worth more, just because it was one of a kind.  

On 6/2/2024 at 9:22 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Here is "Stan's Soap Box!"

Talking about "Spidey-Super-Stories!"

I can't blow it up any larger, but I think the pic is well enough for you to read, helps if you have a bigger monitor :cheers: 

3206904_Full_Rev.jpg?t=Mi8yOC8yMDI0IDc6M

VERY cool!!! I don't recall ever seeing Stan plug Spidey Super Stories in the Soapbox! Which comic is that in, if you don't mind saying?

On 6/2/2024 at 11:53 AM, Frisco Larson said:

VERY cool!!! I don't recall ever seeing Stan plug Spidey Super Stories in the Soapbox! Which comic is that in, if you don't mind saying?

Marvel Premiere #19 :cheers: 

3206904_Full_Obv.jpg?t=Mi8yOC8yMDI0IDc6M

On 6/2/2024 at 12:21 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Marvel Premiere #19 :cheers: 

3206904_Full_Obv.jpg?t=Mi8yOC8yMDI0IDc6M

Wow, that's so cool!!! I could see the Len Wein signature from the back, but not the Herb Trimpe! That's a great piece! I only have one thing similar to that and it's a Silver Age piece. I'll show it here even though it doesn't belong in this forum. Stan signed TTA #35 page. The reverse page shows Ant-Man putting on his costume for the very first time!

Tales to Astonish 35 2nd pg SS Stan Lee c-ow front.jpg

Tales to Astonish 35 2nd pg SS Stan Lee c-ow back.jpg