• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spidey Super Stories Thread
4 4

176 posts in this topic

On 6/24/2024 at 9:11 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I was under the impression they did away with those kinds of label notations for modern slabs. I know they did for "headlights" notation, I believe, but maybe this grade date (2021) was before that decision? That or some slabs lost it while not others?

Screenshot_20240624-080746.png

That's interesting, I hadn't heard that - but good to know.  I know I've seen a few post-'75 issues that have it but it was rare.  

"Old-School" notation variant!  (thumbsu 

On 6/24/2024 at 8:58 AM, pmpknface said:

That's interesting, I hadn't heard that - but good to know.  I know I've seen a few post-'75 issues that have it but it was rare.  

"Old-School" notation variant!  (thumbsu 

lol and idk the specifics, but these 2 are mine for instance or comparison :cheers:

GetImage.aspx?c=3971287&t=Full&f=Obv&cb=GetImage.aspx?c=3601886&t=Full&f=Obv&cb=

Come to 🤔 think of it?

That Batman was last graded when signed, in 2020? Yet the Spidey stories was graded in 2021?

Lol

Nevermind, I can't make sense of that one without tagging cgc mike or asking cgc specifically, but idk that it is that important lol

Strikes me as odd lol

On 6/24/2024 at 8:11 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I was under the impression they did away with those kinds of label notations for modern slabs. I know they did for "headlights" notation, I believe, but maybe this grade date (2021) was before that decision? That or some slabs lost it while not others?

Screenshot_20240624-080746.png

I have no knowledge of any decision made about that label note, but when I have a chance, I'll look thru my other certified copies to see if I find any others. (thumbsu

On 6/29/2024 at 12:37 PM, Spider-Variant said:

I didn't collect this series as a kid, but I had a few issues.  This was one of them and that cover definitely stood out.

I think Romita did a phenomenal job on this cover!!! One of many sleeper books in this run!!!  (thumbsu

On 6/29/2024 at 5:18 PM, Frisco Larson said:

I think Romita did a phenomenal job on this cover!!! One of many sleeper books in this run!!!  (thumbsu

The perspective is great, and there's a joke somewhere with that blimp and the Kingpin but I haven't found it yet...

On 6/29/2024 at 4:22 PM, pmpknface said:

The perspective is great, and there's a joke somewhere with that blimp and the Kingpin but I haven't found it yet...

Hmmm, I'm not sure if the joke is related to the Kingpin being a "generously proportioned" fellow, but there's a joke there SOMEWHERE!!!  (shrug)