• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How long does it take for CGC to update status?

16 posts in this topic

I sent in my Pokemon cards a few days ago for express grading and I tracked it all the way until it got delivered. It was delivered yesterday evening but I haven't seen any update for it from CGC. This is my first CGC submission and I was wondering how long it takes for the status to be updated.

Thanks in advance!

It can take anywhere from 1-10 business days for cards to get logged in (it really depends on how many orders are received and from what tier). I've had express orders take 6 days, I've had express orders get logged the day after delivery. After it is received, it won't change again until a few days before it's actually graded. Right now TATs (turn around times) are kinda volatile for each tier, so if you have questions I would just send their customer service an email.

4 hours ago, pandaj17 said:

I sent in my Pokemon cards a few days ago for express grading and I tracked it all the way until it got delivered. It was delivered yesterday evening but I haven't seen any update for it from CGC. This is my first CGC submission and I was wondering how long it takes for the status to be updated.

Thanks in advance!

I feel your pain, however I submitted one tier lower than yours (Standard). My cards were delivered to and signed for by CGC on March 2nd. Here we are 15 days later (10 business days) and there is no status update in my account. Still waiting to see that 'Received' status...

49 minutes ago, ElmerB said:

I feel your pain, however I submitted one tier lower than yours (Standard). My cards were delivered to and signed for by CGC on March 2nd. Here we are 15 days later (10 business days) and there is no status update in my account. Still waiting to see that 'Received' status...

Definitely some wild times. I sent a standard order during mid February so I guess I got lucky and had them received before the giant wave of March submissions. 

For a reference point on Express currently. I just today 3/17 had my Express submission that arrived at their address and signed for on 3/11 marked in the account as received, so took about a week, I'm not complaining at all, just wanted to let you know that Express are not getting entered same/next day like they had been the past month or so, I'm guessing because they keep getting more and more packages daily.

My Express Order was delivered on March 5th and my Status has not been updated at all. All it shows is as “delivered” on the tracking number with the USPS.  Really wild how varied they are about status updates across all tiers right now.