• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this normal?
1 1

8 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, FrontStands said:

Just got a CGC graded comic off ebay, I can see/feel it slightly move around in the case when I turn it.

It doesn't bother me just making sure it's nothing important. 

I remember with some of my originally cgc graded books in the old holders there seemed to be a little give. 

Modern cases don't seem to have this in my opinion. 

DO NOT SHAKE IT. The more it moves around the more chance of damage, also known as shaken comic syndrome. Some small amount of movement may be fine but if truly loose you should minimize movement and consider reholding ($15 last I checked but I haven't subbed in a year or so). My inclination is to say, hey is this really loose and move it around but that is the wrong impulse to follow.

I sent my first submission of books last November, and at least 2 of the 10 I sent shimmy a little if you give the case a little tap  :( 
I'm very concerned that if I end up selling those books, that they will move around in transit and bump the edges  :( 

2 minutes ago, djzombi said:

I sent my first submission of books last November, and at least 2 of the 10 I sent shimmy a little if you give the case a little tap  :( 
I'm very concerned that if I end up selling those books, that they will move around in transit and bump the edges  :( 

nah, pack them like you got them, lots of bubble and secure in box and they will be fine.