• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver Age Batman Thread
6 6

504 posts in this topic

On 4/11/2024 at 4:46 PM, Hepcat said:

What is that "True Stories" comic above?

???

It was a Golden Records insert in a record box set in 1966. The set came with a record (I think it was a read-along to one of the stories), a button/badge, a ring and a Batman Club membership card. And the comic of course.

On 4/12/2024 at 2:07 AM, Jesse-Lee said:

It was a Golden Records insert in a record box set in 1966. The set came with a record (I think it was a read-along to one of the stories), a button/badge, a ring and a Batman Club membership card. And the comic of course.

A similar one was produced of "The Complete Story of Superman's Life" from Superman 146.

On 5/15/2024 at 8:51 PM, Hepcat said:

The Batman 134 is one of my own favourites!

:cool:

Same for me, one of my friend collect only the "new look batman" about 1964, and he often use this book as exemple to explain me why the older books are poor... we will never agree on it... for me the Batman into typical SF adventures is the best. I  would really like to own this book a day, but first in my wishlist is #113 i think.

On 5/15/2024 at 3:03 PM, BA773 said:

Same for me, one of my friend collect only the "new look batman" about 1964, and he often use this book as exemple to explain me why the older books are poor... we will never agree on it... for me the Batman into typical SF adventures is the best. I  would really like to own this book a day, but first in my wishlist is #113 i think.

Batman #113 is my favorite book that I own. 

image.thumb.jpeg.475d364b548b6b39285952892fb46a75.jpeg

On 5/15/2024 at 3:03 PM, BA773 said:

...for me the Batman into typical SF adventures is the best.

That's the Batman of my formative years so those 1958-64 Batman comics before the "New Look" will always have a special place in my heart.

(thumbsu

Sadly though I don't have a #113.

:frown: