• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Faust #1
3 3

14 posts in this topic

Somewhere in the 8.5-9.2 range, but it's tough to judge what's going on from these pictures. There's definitely some corner crunch at the bottom of the spine from the front; both corners of the spine look a little soft from the back. Is there a larger diagonal fold to that bottom left corner?

And I'm fairly sure there's a couple of color-breaking ticks: one in the green area (which I think is also visible on the back, although the dot pattern doesn't help discern that in this pic), and maybe one against the front-cover black down near the flames.

EDIT: Also, make sure you check the indicia on this. Printings for Faust are, shall we say, not well documented, but most -- if not all -- of the early issues had as many as 4 printings, generally distinguishable only by the indicia.

Edited by Qalyar

On 3/24/2021 at 12:11 AM, Qalyar said:

Somewhere in the 8.5-9.2 range, but it's tough to judge what's going on from these pictures. There's definitely some corner crunch at the bottom of the spine from the front; both corners of the spine look a little soft from the back. Is there a larger diagonal fold to that bottom left corner?

And I'm fairly sure there's a couple of color-breaking ticks: one in the green area (which I think is also visible on the back, although the dot pattern doesn't help discern that in this pic), and maybe one against the front-cover black down near the flames.

EDIT: Also, make sure you check the indicia on this. Printings for Faust are, shall we say, not well documented, but most -- if not all -- of the early issues had as many as 4 printings, generally distinguishable only by the indicia.

Thanks Qalyar. I just went and had a look at the first few pages and I can't see any note about what printing it is. ??? How would I prove it's a first printing or otherwise to a buyer?

I should probably take some shots focusing on the spine & corners in future so people can give a more accurate assessment. Cheers

On 3/30/2021 at 10:08 PM, MattrixAlien said:

Thanks Qalyar. I just went and had a look at the first few pages and I can't see any note about what printing it is. ??? How would I prove it's a first printing or otherwise to a buyer?

I should probably take some shots focusing on the spine & corners in future so people can give a more accurate assessment. Cheers

Sorry for the late reply here. I think if there's no listed printing information, it should be good to go as a 1st print. I know that for some of the later issues, the indicia clearly states print number for reprints.

On 4/10/2021 at 6:19 PM, Qalyar said:

Sorry for the late reply here. I think if there's no listed printing information, it should be good to go as a 1st print. I know that for some of the later issues, the indicia clearly states print number for reprints.

This is true, printings 2-4 all state so; also Omega ad back cover is only on 1st printing.