• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can I post images of the CGC graded scans on ebay to sell instead of taking my own pictures?

5 posts in this topic

I just realized CGC provides a high quality scan of front and back of each graded card in my order. Am I allowed to screen shot those images to post on ebay to sell instead of having to take my own pictures? I own the graded cards, just wanted to see if its okay to use the CGC scans provided.

Thanks

No you have to pay for them. Unless you paid for copies they are copyrighted images, kinda like how portrait companies would send home those test photos for school picture day. 

Screenshotting isn’t even worth it if you’re trying to show off the condition of the card though, it’ll show up as super compressed and blurry when people try to zoom in on it on eBay. Just pay the $10 for hi res images and add it to the cost of the card on your listing. If you can’t justify that cost for the card, then you don’t need a screenshot and a simple smartphone photo will do instead. 

On 3/28/2021 at 11:51 AM, C2N0 said:

No you have to pay for them. Unless you paid for copies they are copyrighted images, kinda like how portrait companies would send home those test photos for school picture day. 

Screenshotting isn’t even worth it if you’re trying to show off the condition of the card though, it’ll show up as super compressed and blurry when people try to zoom in on it on eBay. Just pay the $10 for hi res images and add it to the cost of the card on your listing. If you can’t justify that cost for the card, then you don’t need a screenshot and a simple smartphone photo will do instead. 

Is that actually true? I am not a lawyer (obviously) but I thought that if someone just takes a scan or photo of an existing object with without changing it or adding to the 'art' in some way there is no new copyright?

Not that I would want to go to court over it with CGC, but I am curious...

2 minutes ago, OdinsSecrets said:

Is that actually true? I am not a lawyer (obviously) but I thought that if someone just takes a scan or photo of an existing object with without changing it or adding to the 'art' in some way there is no new copyright?

Not that I would want to go to court over it with CGC, but I am curious...

if you use a cgc photo and dont pay $10, the cops will show up and they will put you behind the bar. im a licenced lawyer who graduated #1 at u of phoenix, so pay me 10k and ill bail u out in case u screw up

Edited by geraldfordfan69